Spring has sprung, and crew member Alison Osborn has created a beautiful vintage array of decorative elements for your Easter entertaining. Using Canvas Corp’s products, 7Gypsies new Architextures™ collection, combined with charming dishes and spring-like floral patterns – her charming vintage Easter display is sure to delight.
‘Just as Easter and spring are about renewal and rejuvenation, I was inspired by the idea of a vintage look, a way to have the past meet the present. Let’s revisit retro patterns and color palette, but with a chic, fresh twist. Hope you enjoy it.’ – says Alison.
To create the backdrop, I painted various egg cartons and attached them to a painted piece of foam core. At first, I wasn’t positive how this would turn out, it was a bit risky but I love the texture it gave to the display. Then, I made multiple banners using Canvas Corp mini shape rounds, tissue paper tassels and cardstock papers. I used silhouettes of rabbits as stencils for the rounds.
For some additional charm, I made a garland out of floral paper straws. Straw garlands are one of my staples I use in party designs. They give a great pop of color, plus… who doesn’t love floral straws?! Finally, I placed some craft eggs in some of the cartons.
For the banners below, I cut 9 times 5.5×6 inch pennants out of Canvas Corp cardstocks. Again, I used silhouettes of rabbits as stencils for various papers. I then cut about 2.5 rounds out of Flocked Ivory Damask handmade papers and glued them to the centers of flatted floral cupcake liners, glued the rabbits to the center of those and attached the whole piece to the pennant. For the fringe at the top, you cut 2 inch wide by 5.5-inch long strips of the green ticking fabric. Then fold each strip in half, while securing with hot glue. Next, fringe the looped edge with scissors.
I then took 5 of the Architextures™ White Wash Tin Tiles and added handmade flowers to their centers. For the flowers, I used yellow canvas, aqua burlap and blue ticking fabric. Canvas Corp ticking fabrics are wonderful; I think I have every color!
Use dishes to compliment your colors and to add texture to your décor. I came across these adorable cake stands, teacups and serving dishes from Michaels Stores and Anthropologie.
Finally, you can’t have an Easter gathering without chocolate bunnies and goodies!
Supplies you’ll need:
- Canvas Mini Shapes – Rounds (3 pieces)
- 12×12 Canvas Sheet – Yellow
- 12 x 12 Canvas Sheet – Natural Canvas
- Ticking Fabric – 30″ x 36″
- Tissuestock 12×12 – Kraft
- Handmade Paper – Flocked Ivory Damask
- Coral & Ivory Damask Reverse – Single Sheet
- Navy & Ivory Mini Dot Reverse
- Blue & Ivory Mini Dot Reverse
- Printed Cardstock – Yellow on White
- Printed Cardstock – Blue on Ivory
- Printed Cardstock – Navy on Ivory
- Cardstock Paper – Kraft 80#
- Mini Clothespins- Lt Blue (25 pieces)
- Small Clothespins Natural (12pc)
Suggested Tattered Angels Paints:
- Decor & DIY Paint – Saffron
- Decor & DIY Paint – Rose (Sorry this is no longer available, High Impact Paint – Light Pink, would work as well.)
- Decor & DIY Paint – Jade
Tools used: Hot-glue gun, scissors and x-Acto knife
Happy Easter! Happy Spring!