We had fun last week with our “Be Mine” color palette. We started with some of our favorite Tattered Angels paints so we could share the love. During the week our Creative Crew is challenged to come up with creative ideas with the palette. Many of the techniques are oh so Valentine, but we were inspired to use these techniques in many different ways. We also loved playing with canvas and our Tattered Angels paints to show how well they play together.
To showcase the amazing color in this palette, we colored these canvas shaped hearts from Canvas Corp. In this palette, from left to right, we have Rose Gold High Impact, Pink Poodle Glimmer Mist, Icicle Glaze, Grandma”s House Glam and Lobster Glimmer Mist.
If you’re looking for paints that work well on fabric – Tattered Angels High Impact and Glimmer Glam are the perfect solutions. High Impact is an opaque paint that offers full coverage of pure color or metallic. Glimmer Glam is jam packed with glitter and when applied to fabric the glitter is a show off, without coming off. You can also apply to wood, ceramic, terra-cotta and other so many more surfaces. But we urge you to test on fabric, you will be a fan. When dry, the paint gives the fabric a sturdy, hardened finish that will stand up to a lot.
Here are a few fun projects done in the Be Mine Color Palette:
1. You & Me by Gloria Stengel – canvas corp burlap flowers in the full rainbow, but we love the hot pink burlap flower on Gloria’s canvas.
2. Valentine Layout by Zuzia Bodawoska – Tattered Angels Paints let you create your background paper in the color palette of your choice. Use one color or mix them to create an ombre look. Misting onto a white paper with simple design on the back or stamped pieces adds one more level of dimension.
3. Altered Journal by Kasia – mist tags, cards, die cuts or other ephemera pieces to create the objects in the colors you need when creating mixed media projects, mini book, journals, etc. – let them be in our color palette.
4. Fabric Heart by Porechnaya Viktoriya – Tattered Angels Paints love canvas. Use Glimmer Mist, Simply Sheer, Baseboard or Chalkboard to add a tint to canvas, Glimmer Glam to add glitter or High Impact to add full coverage. Glimmer Glam and High Impact will add a stiff finish to canvas and fabric objects.
5. Love You Lots Card by Sharon Callis – if you love to stencil you will love the looks you can get with Tattered Angels Paints. Brush them on for a very clean look or mist them on in layers to create a mixed media artsy feel.
6. “Love This” Layout by Nadine Carlier – layer, layer, layer sew – what a fun way to bring the palette together – mist your background, drip a bit more color and then add the rich tones of papers, fluted papers and embellishments – then stitch it all together for this mixed media Valentine Layout.
7. Valentine Box by Canvas Corp – looking for simple ideas for class projects – add canvas corp papers to repurposed objects to make fun storage boxes like this Valentine School Box – we used a kitty litter box, you can recycle all of your cereal, oatmeal, even mac n cheese boxes and turn them in to fun ways to store toys, papers, cards, love letters or craft supplies. Embellish with Canvas Flowers, die cut letters, stickers, stamps and more. When gluing card stock paper onto cardboard containers a good glue is very helpful. We love Beacon’s 3 in 1 glue, it holds the paper in place very quickly and we love that all of the papers and embellishments stay right were we left them. Letters were cut with an AccuCut Machine.
8. Paper Wrapped Valentine Treats – what a fun way to use up scraps of paper to make little candy gifts for teachers, coaches, etc. or to make for baby showers or birthday parties. Simply wrap mini candy bars with a variety of papers and a glue them in place with a tape runner or Beacon 3 in 1 glue. For the back cut a strip of paper to set each bar on and slid them into a small clear bag. Gather the top and add a rage – I Heart U is perfect for Valentine’s Day, but we think it can be used any day – spread the love.
9. Stitched Valentine Cards by Canvas Corp – create fun simple cards by stitching canvas corp ivory tissue onto printed cardstock with a small piece of canvas for the binding, we love to use an accent color thread. You can slip a stamped piece or a tag under the tissue and let the message shine through.
10. Valentine Banners by Canvas Corp – make a mini heart banner by simply punching an assortment of red, pink and white printed papers with your favorite heart punch. Fold them in half and glue them onto a base heart to create this 3d heart effect. Make as many as you would like and clip them to a red or pink natural cord with mini clothespins. For a class room setting the kids can write little messages on each section of the heart.
11. Love Banner – it is easy to make simple banners with fun all over printed card papers such as this Paris Love design – all card stock papers will go through any rotary or electric die cut machine making it easy to say what you want and have strong, sturdy letters that are perfect for making letter banners to say what you need to say. These were made with the AccuCut Machine
12. French Inspired Love Cards – our Canvas Corp Papers are designed with basic themes that are perfect for mixing and matching to create color palettes for any holiday, theme or design style you are looking for. We love how well our French Collection works with our Love Collection. Mixing and Matching them gives you so many options when designing your handmade cards.
13. Canvas French Tag – love paper? love canvas? sew them together and what do you get – this amazing tag that is perfect for adding to gift bags, gift baskets or a box of chocolates. The zig zag stitch ties it all together and gives such a fun handmade look.
13. Valentine Mini Boxes – just about any paper in red, pink or hot pink looks great as a Valentine Box. These boxes were cut with Spellbinders dies and are the perfect hiding place for fun little love messages or treats. The heavy weight of the paper stock makes it easy to die cut and fold boxes that you will be proud to give. This is a great idea for the classroom when looking for simple gifts for kids to take home to mom, the inside is blank, so there is room for a special message or drawing and the art is wrapped up as the prefect gift.
Canvas Corp Brands offers a wide range of products that can be fine tuned for any holiday, theme or event. We hope these Valentine themed ideas inspire you to create handmade items for other holidays, baby showers, wedding showers, birthday parties, school art projects, Mother’s Day Gifts, after school art projects or just for fun. Sharing the love!!!!
Make sure you follow our blog to get our weekly palette round ups that we hope are filled with ideas abound.
'Be Mine Color Palette' has no commentsBe the first to comment this post!