Beautiful Black Mixed Media Ideas for Christmas #ccbblack

Traditional reds and greens are always in style for Christmas. We see some hot pink and lime green happening sometimes, but rarely do we see Christmas done in black.  We challenged our Crew and our Collective to think outside of the Christmas color box and try something very different. Wow the results are pretty amazing!  I think a fun challenge like this helps us think outside of any notion of what it should be and create a willingness to try something new.  

We love to challenge our followers and from time to time we have a challenge in our Facebook Group Canvas Corp Brands Collective (ask to join today), so for Black Friday we did a black challenge – #ccbblack. The Challenge was outlined like this:

Create a project that is 90% black – the other 10% can only be white, grey, or metallic.
The project type is optional – sew or knit something, make a tag, Art Journal, ATC card set, layout etc. 

Many took on the challenge and this is what they created.  Elegant, beautiful designs that are just perfect.

by Linda A Israel

The black allows the bit of iridescence and sparkle to show up magically.   

A touch of silver or white with black is magnificent in itself, especially with a bit of sparkle.  The black shows off the shine so very well.  

Layers of different tones of black work so pretty together.  

by Ewelina Gryglak

These fantastic projects above prove that color is not everything – black can be truly beautiful too!

Be sure to join the Canvas Corp Brands Collective on Facebook to not miss out on any of our fun events!

CCB Collective on Facebook


Canvas Corp Brands is the home of Tattered Angels, 7Gypsies and Canvas Corp (Canvas Home Basics). We are a manufacturer of surfaces, paint and vintage reproductions coming to you from Springdale, Arkansas.

'Beautiful Black Mixed Media Ideas for Christmas #ccbblack' has 1 comment

  1. December 8, 2016 @ 10:48 am Linda Simpson

    WOW these are amazing! Gorgeous texture and layouts.
    Linda xxx


Would you like to share your thoughts?

Your email address will not be published.

This blog is a compilation of inspiration from the Canvas Corp Brands family including Canvas Corp, Tattered Angels and 7Gypsies.