Thank you for joining us for our month long matchup with StencilGirl Products. Sometimes when we receive our Design Team boxes and the inspiration is instantaneous, other times, not so much and the struggle becomes REAL! Crew Member Sheri Whitfield had the later experience. Once she broke through her intimidation of the products, her creative juices began to flow and she created this BEAUTIFUL Bloom Starter Journal Cover.
Follow Sheri’s Creative Process
This was a fun project as part of the #SGPCCBmatchup product challenge. At first, I was intimidated to work on the large 7 Gypsies Canvas Journal Cover since I usually work on smaller surfaces. However, once I thought of it as a simple unstretched canvas, I was off and running!
I started by taping off a border along the top and bottom edges of the journal. This is where I planned to showcase the Fish Scales Bricks stencil using Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist in Lobster. I applied it with a cosmetic sponge to better control where the color went. What a gorgeous color!
Using the Doodle It Tornado Bloom stencil and a combination of Tattered Angels High Impact Paint and Tattered Angels Glimmer Mists, I then added a subtle background between the borders.
I then punched out various sizes of scallop circles from the Canvas Corp Red and Ivory Toile paper to create flowers.
I added natural burlap circles for the flower centers, and painted leaves with the Tattered Angels High Impact paint in Olive.
To fill in a blank spot on the lower right side, I painted the word “Bloom” with the olive Tattered Angels High Impact Paint. Then I simply added some dot details with Posca pens to finish it off.
WATCH how Sheri created her project
Archival Ink Vermillion
Posca Paint Pens
Liquitex Super Gloss Heavy Gel
What would a match up be without a fun prize!!!! Here is your chance to get your hands on a wonderful collection of products from StencilGirl Products and Canvas Corp Brands. Here is all you need to do….
- leave a comment here on any or all of the Match Up Posts during the month of April with StencilGirl Products and CCB. You can leave one on each post for more chances to win. Don’t forget to include #SGPCCBmatchup so we can find you!!!
- and/or leave a comment on the CCB Facebook page. Don’t forget to include #SGPCCBmatchup so we can find you!!!
- and/or leave a comment on any of the CCB Instagram posts where you see any of the projects from the CCB team or the SGP team. Don’t forget to include #SGPCCBmatchup so we can find you!!!
- You can follow along by searching #SGPCCBmatchup too. If you love what you see and would like to join our Facebook group the CCB Collective – ask to join today.
- You can find all StencilGirl Products in their shop – StencilGirl Products.com
check out their blog and follow them on Instagram
- We will be sharing projects the entire month of April – learn new techniques, see how new products are used and be inspired with great ideas from the SGP and CCB designers.