What does your 2016 journal or agenda look like? Maybe it is the boring cover that is blank with the date somewhere in gold embossed letters or maybe it is a designed cover that is not your style. Here are some creative ideas the Crew shares with us to update your journal cover, create a cover or design an agenda or journal from the beginning:
1. Paper Covered Journal – Netra shows us how to create your own spiral note book or you can cover a store-bought journal with your favorite paper or create you own journal that is your style. The book cover features pieces from the 7gypsies Ordre Du Jour and Canvas Corp Kraft and White Tile Cardstock.
To make your own journal layer sheets of kraft cardstock paper, punch holes and wind wire into the holes making your own spiral bound book.
2. VINTAGE JOURNAL COVERS – Nancy created this fun journal for a class she designs that will inspire you to add fun details to the front of your journal like vintage papers, metal accents, doilies and dimensional embellishments. You can make your own journal covers by using 7gypsies book covers that will give your journal the ultimate vintage look. There are a variety of designs in 5″x7″ or 3″x5″. Many of the accent paper pieces are from the 7gypsies Ordre Du Jour Collection, which is filled with agenda and journal themed papers and details. For more information and to see other projects Nancy has created stop by her blog.
3. Redecorating a boring journal cover – Ilana shows us how to take a plain and boring journal and make it spectacular. Here are a few images to show you her creation, but the video will walk you through the steps and help you create one of your own. Very free flowing and very personal. You choose your own colors, stamps, stencils and papers and make it your own. This is a great project to use things you already have and colors you truly love.
4. Decorate a blank journal – Patter altered this special journal she created for her daughter with paints, papers, flowers, embellishments and very special sentiments. If your journal in not blank cover it with kraft paper and you are ready to begin. To see all the details on this journal jump over to our Grateful Heart Journal post.
5. Mixed Media Journal Front Covers – What is mixed media anyway, well we think it is the mixture of different medias on one project. No real rules, just layers, unique elements, color, or no color, texture, dimension and more. Pamellia brings to life the art of mixed media in this amazing cover that would make even the dreariest winter day a happy one.
Pamellia walks you through the steps that will lead you to want to create a journal cover for every season in her youtube video.
6. Ready Made Front Cover – if you love the look of a handmade journal, but would like some help getting started, the 7gypsies Junque Books. These books have a vintage style cover that can stay just like it is or add buttons, embellishments, paint, whatever you choose. The inside pages are filled with papers and fabrics that are ready to be journaled, painted, etc. For all the details on Sheila’s book, jump over to her blog Sheila Rumney
So there you have 5 unique ways to make or remake your 2016 agenda, planner or journal cover. Don’t be afraid to experiment, you really cannot mess it up, just paint over anything you don’t like. Your cover is a reflection of you and is a great way to show off your creativity everyday.