Today is National Chocolate Chip Cookie Day! Who doesn’t love chocolate chip cookies? We thought we would celebrate today by bringing you this cute cookie carrier created by our own Crew member, Kimberly. She took a normal cake carrier and used some of Canvas Corp’s papers to decorate it! We also love that she shared her cookie recipe with us.
Hello, it’s Kimberly N here to share a fun and simple cookie tray with you! This tray is perfect for sharing that yummy batch of chocolate chip cookies with your friends and family .
I picked up a few of these carriers at the dollar store so I could share treats with friends and family. I was so excited when I saw them at the dollar store! I went home and pulled out some yummy Canvas Corp jute rope and papers to decorate my platter. That way, my friends get a yummy treat with a lovely tray that I’m so proud to share.
A few simple touches to a plastic carrier make all the difference in the world.
- Farmhouse Kitchen: Bake and Can Recipe Cards on Ivory
- Black Cord
- Beans and Bags: Ivory and Black Spoons
- Natural Canvas Flower
Okay let’s get started! First, I measured my tray on the inside and cut out a sheet of Beans and Bags spoon paper to fit snugly inside then I taped it down .
Next, I took the spoon paper and fussy cut them out then added to the sides of to give an adorable look! I added black cord to the top handle by wrapping it around and around until completely covered then tied it off.
I then cut out the adorable mason jar recipe card from the Beans and Bags paper pad. I wanted to add the yummy cookie recipe so my friend could make some more .
Chocolate Chip Cookies
2 cups Cisco butter flavored
4 cups flour
2 teaspoons baking soda
2 cups white sugar
5 cups oatmeal ( blended into flour )
12 ounce semi sweet chocolate chips
2 cups brown sugar
1 cups chopped semisweet chocolate chips ( chop in food grinder)
4 large eggs
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon fine sea salt
2 teaspoons real vanilla
2 cups chopped nuts ( almonds )
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Cream butter-flavored Crisco with both sugars
- In a separate bowl, mix eggs and vanilla. Then add to sugar mixture.
- In another separate bowl, mix dry ingredients- flour, oatmeal, salt, baking soda, baking powder. Once your dry ingredients are combined, slowly mix them into your wet ingredients until completely moistened.
- Add nuts and chocolate chips and chopped chips
- Roll into ball or use cookie scoop
- Cook 10 minutes or until light golden brown at 375 degrees
Yummy! Chewy on the inside, crispy on the outside!
Thanks so much to Kimberly for these fantastic cookies! We are hungry just looking at them. What a great idea to whip up a batch and give them away to your friends in a hand decorated carrier!
We hope this has given you some ideas on how to celebrate National Cookie Day. Maybe Kimberly has even inspired you to head to the kitchen and bake some of these delicious cookies for yourself!