Finding a creative way to keep up with the kid’s dentist appointment cards, dinner reservations, games and PTO meetings can be a challenge and we think we found a fun way to do just that. We came across this flower bulb tray at NW Arkansas Vintage Market Days we knew we wanted to do something really fun and this memo board came to life.
What you will need:
- Bulb Tray– we found something similar on this link
- Canvas Corp The Watering Can 13×17 Fabric Panel
- Canvas Corp Kraft & Black Stamped Calendar (12 pieces)
- Canvas Corp The Watering Can Printed Tags Herbs
- Canvas Corp The Watering Can Sayings
- Canvas Corp Journal Lines on Ivory
- Canvas Corp Chrome Rings – Medium
- Canvas Corp Mini Clothespins – Orange
- Canvas Corp Waxed Cotton Cord – Red
- Canvas Corp Hemp Cord Avocado
- Canvas Corp 8″ Round Canvas
- Canvas Corp Hemp Rope – Orange
- Canvas Corp 12×12 Canvas Damask
- 7gypsies Domed Bottles
- 7gypsies Vintage Clips
- 7gypsies Optical Lens Brass
- 7gypsies Charms Flight
- 7gypsies Stamp Set – A bugs life
- Tattered Angels High Impact White Metallic
- Tattered Angels High Impact Yellow
- Tattered Angels Simply Sheer Vintage Blue
- Tattered Angels DIY and Decor Paint Azure (for pencil jar)
- Burlap (for pencil jar)
Tools you will need: scissors, paint brush, Beacon’s 3 in 1 Glue, Blank ink Pad
Let’s start from left to right and walk you through how we built this cool garden fresh memo board.
Top Section – wrap the printed fabric panel around a piece of foam or cardboard to fit into the space on the left hand side of your bulb tray and glue in place (we like to cover the back with a left over scrap of fabric or paper. Punch holes at the top of your handmade push pin board and thread the red waxed cotton into the holes and tie them to your tray. You can choose your favorite pushpins and hold important phone numbers business cards, etc in place.
Bottom Section – punch holes in all 12 of the blank calendar pages in the same location on each at the top and ring them to the board with the chrome rings. This makes them easy to flip and take down to add dates, notes, etc. You can add the dates and month with a black marker, stamps, stencils, your choice.
With your Simply Sheer Mist – cover the 8″ round to tint it this great vintage blue color. When dry roll into a cone, add a touch of glue and wrap with the orange hemp and glue or push pin to the wooden frame. Fill with dried flowers or fresh flowers with a small tube of water.
Paint your keys so you know what is what and keep them organized on your board with Tattered Angels Decor & DIY Paint.
Wrap the canvas around a small piece of cardboard to make mini memo boards for your calendar board.
Cut your journal line paper into 6 equal pieces to create your own memo pad and decorate with stamps and clip into place with one of the vintage clips.
Now fill your board with all that you love and attach them the mini clothespins.
Note: paint the jar with Azure Decor and DIY paint – works great on glass and is a great way to recycle your old spaghetti sauce or jelly jars.
If you cannot find a bulb tray make your own with some vintage wood and chicken wire or grab an open frame and fill with a wire insert. If everything is new and you want it to look found or older, mist with Tattered Angels Tattered Leather Glimmer Mist and paint with a brush the metal with one of the High Impact Paints.
Now you are ready to get organized and looks so good. When done slip this on your desk in the kitchen, in your studio or on a wall in the kitchen.