With the busy lives we all seem to have these days, most of us resolve to using planners to keep up with the things that need to be done. We have Filofaxes, Happy Planners, Travellers’ Journals, Day Designers and loads other options. Some of us prefer vertical layouts, some of us stick to the old-school, horizontal alignment. No matter the type of planner we’re using, it is important that it works for what we need. One of the things they all have in common is that we can personalise them at will.
Two of our Crew members – Steph Ackerman and Jaine Drake – share with us their go-to planners and how they used Canvas Corp Brands products to make their monthly planner spread just the way they like it.
Steph Ackerman – Happy Planner
As we were getting closer to August, our vacation plans were finally coming together. I thought I’d document our vacation in my planner. Canvas Corp has some amazing papers that worked perfectly in my monthly spread. – shares Steph.
Canvas Corp Nautical on Ivory
Canvas Corp Navy & Ivory Anchors
Architextures Treasures – Stacked Leather Suitcases
Tattered Angels Plain Jane Baseboard mist – Clay
Trimmer and Scissors
- Determine placement and cut a strip of anchor paper. Cut apart words and add about the page.
- Fussy cut the rope with sea shell and add to the bottom of the page.
- Fussy cut wheel, cut apart the suitcases and place on right side.
- Spritz mesh with Clay Baseboard, adding to the corner. Place a fussy cut word on top.
Visit Steph’s blog and Instagram for more ideas.
Jaine Drake – Travellers’ Notebook
This is the August title page layout in my Travelers Notebook – it is part planner, part sketchbook, part journal and part smash book; all rolled into one. I love to add paint to the pages as well as collage and lots of sketching giving a very unfussy, loose feel. – explains Jaine.
For her spread Jaine used:
Tattered Angels Glimmer Glazes in Sweet Pea, Sangria and Latte
Tattered Angels Simply Sheer Tangy Lime
7gypsies paper A Novel Thought
Canvas Corp paper The Watering Can – Garden Words
7gypsies Architextures rub ons – Grow
Small paint brush
Waterproof black drawing pen
- I started with a simple sketch before going over it with a sketching pen.
- Using a fine paint brush, it’s easy to use Sprays and Glimmer Glam (which is my favourite go to paint at the moment) as I would paint.
- I’m absolutely loving the Architextures rub ons. They added a beautiful sketchy look which is what I was after. I cut them off the sheet first before using them so as not to accidentally use a part I didn’t want to. They went on so easily.
We are sure that most of you are already planning for September. Maybe a cozy weekend somewhere by the lake? Or a shopping trip with your mates? We’d love to see your planners with Canvas Corp Elements incorporated into the monthly spreads! Share with us in our Facebook Collective.
August 24, 2017 @ 2:42 pm Linda Simpson
August 29, 2017 @ 7:14 am ava gavloski
Thank you for the inspiration. Going to work on some of my planner pages as well.