With the Halloween just around the corner, we have some more ideas on how to decorate your home for the occasion.
Family of Pumpkins – Chris Pozzi
I was looking for a quick and easy Halloween project and saw these Burlap Sacs in the shop! So I created these pumpkins to place on my mantle! I created one side with Jack-O-Lantern faces and left the other plain so that I can turn them around and leave them up through Thanksgiving! – Chris decided to make the project not only pretty but also practical.
Chris used the following:
Canvas Corp Burlap Sack (2 extra small, 1 small)
Canvas Corp 12×12 Canvas Sheet – black
Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist – Pumpkin Spice, English Ivy
Cover draw strings on Burlap Sacks to prevent overspray from the mists.
Mist the Burlap Sacks with Tattered Angels Pumpkin Spice Glimmer Mist. Mist both sides of sacks.
Cover the Burlap Sacks and mist drawstrings with Tattered Angels English Ivy Glimmer Mist.
Once dry, stuff the sacks with fiberfill. Tie the drawstrings.
Free cut jack-o-lantern faces from the black canvas sheet and using hot glue, attach to each sack to make a face.
Rustic and extremely cool, right!?
For more from Chris, visit her blog and Instagram.
Primitive Pumpkin Trio – Deb Rauch
I really like primitive style decorating. I wanted to make some primitive style pumpkins this year. So I got out my Canvas Corp fabrics and fabric scraps and started creating! – this is how Deb’s pumpkin idea started.
Materials needed to follow Deb’s project:
Canvas Corp Canvas fabric
Canvas Corp Ticking fabric
Canvas Corp Burlap fabric
Canvas Corp Cord rope natural hank ’45
Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist – Tattered Leather and Summer Glow
Canvas Corp 1# Scrap Pack
Sticks from the yard, Fall wreath picks
Rubber bands, Sewing Machine, Glue Gun
- I chose the fabrics to use for this project. For the small pumpkin, I used black ticking. For the medium pumpkin, I used burlap scraps from the Mixed Media Scrap Pack. For the large pumpkin, I used canvas. The fabrics were cut as follows: Ticking – 1 piece cut 6″x4″; Burlap – 4 pieces cut at 9″x8″; and canvas – 4 pieces cut at 14″x10″.
- Next up is spraying the pieces with Glimmer Mist! I sprayed the black ticking with Summer Glo, and when dry went over it with a coat of Tattered Leather. For the canvas pieces, I stamped pumpkins and bats on two of the pieces, then I sprayed all four pieces with Tattered Leather. The burlap pieces I left natural.
- With right sides together, sew up the one seam on the black ticking fabric and the 4 seams on the burlap fabric. For the canvas pumpkin, I alternated the stamped and plain pieces of canvas when sewing them together.
- The following steps for all 3 pumpkins. Cut 2 pieces of the Canvas Corp Cord about 4″ larger than the height of the pumpkin. Separate each piece into 2 strands. Take 4 strands and tie a know at the bottom. With the wrong sides showing, place the cording inside the pumpkins with the knot sticking out of the bottom. Rubber band the bottom fabric together, with the cording in the middle. Then turn each pumpkin right side out.
- Fill each pumpkin with stuffing, leaving room to pull the top of the fabric together. Pull the top of the fabric together the put a rubber band around it. Take 1 piece of cording at a time and bring it to the top…basically sectioning off the pumpkin into 4 pieces. Take another rubber band and wrap it around the cording. With another piece of cording, wrap it around the top to cover over the rubber bands and hot glue it down. Insert a stick from the yard for a stem.
- Decorate as desired.
Visit Deb’s blog and Instagram for more ideas.
Colourful Halloween Pumpkin – Viktoriya Porechnaya
I like to make something for Halloween every year – cards, pumpkins and home decor. I love bright colors and combine them together. This year, I made a fun and simple pumpkin wall hanging using Tattered Angels paints, Canvas Corp papers and burlap. It will add some colour to your home! – says Viktoriya.
For Viktoriya’s project you will need:
Tattered Angels Decor &DIY paint – Ebony
Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist – Night B4 Christmas
Tattered Angels High Impact Paint – White
Canvas Corp pieces of bright&black/white paper
Canvas Corp 12×12 E-Flute- Black
Canvas Corp Haunt It sample paper
Canvas Corp Burlap Fringe – Rust
Canvas Corp Waxed Cotton Cord Black
Circle frame with canvas
Sponge, Brush, Scissors
Color the circle frame with Ebony Decor &DIY paint – use a sponge to bad it on sponge. You can do it twice to achieve deep black shade.
Color the canvas circle with Night B4 Christmas Glimmer mist – this will be the background for your pumpkin – it needs to fill the black frame you have only just painted black.
When the paint dries, make different doodles around the frame with brush and High Impact paint White.
Use your favorite Pumpkin graphics and cut the details from Canvas Corp bright and black/white paper pieces.
Add a “tail” made from E-Flute Black cardboard.
Put all the elements together and glue your pumpkin to the canvas. Add leaves, flowers, black cord and Haunt It sentiment.
Tie a bow made from orange Burlap Fringe to the top of the frame.
Your bright Halloween Pumpkin frame is ready!
Viktoriya’s blog and Instagram have plenty more ideas so make sure you stop by!
We do hope that the projects gave you inspiration for some crafty home decor…
October 16, 2017 @ 3:48 pm Jean marmo
Such creative ideas!!
October 20, 2017 @ 10:36 pm Kimberly
I love these projects! So creative!