Did anyone say that tags are meant to be 1-dimensional? No?! That’s just right because our Crew member, Christine Santos created an amazing textured tag using layers of Glimmer Mists and Architextures Findings.
You will be able to make of them too if you follow her easy tutorial so keep on reading!
I fell in love with 7gypsies’ Weathered Metal Rooster Architextures and I wanted to create a metallic inspired project to showcase its beauty. Layers of Tattered Angels Paints are applied to the tag for a textured and metallic background which gave it an overall unique look.
Christine used the following products:
7gypsies Architextures – Treasures – Weathered Metal Rooster
Tattered Angels High Impact Paint – Navy Blue
Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist – Abominable Snowman, Mint Julip, Pearl, Iridescent Silver
Canvas Corp Cord – Bright White Braided Cotton Rope
chipboard tag as a base
paper flowers, texture paste, stencil
- Paint large chipboard tag with two coats of Tattered Angels Navy High Impact Paint and let dry.
- Roughly brush a thin layer of gesso on top and let dry. Then, stencil some texture paste through a stencil and let it set.
- Generously mist the Abominable Snowman on top of the tag and let dry. Next, lightly mist the Iridiscent Silver and Pearl Glimmer Mists on the tag for a metallic shimmery finish. Let dry completely.
- Adhere the Weathered Metal Rooster and the floral cluster underneath it. Add some flakes around the tag for texture and then mist some more of the Glimmer Mists on the tag.
- Tie some of Canvas Corp’s White Braided Cord on top of the tag and mist it with the Mint Julip Glimmer Mist. Finish it off with some more light misting of the Pearl and Abominable Snowman Glimmer Mists on top and voila!
Your tag is ready!
– Christine –