Have you been enjoying this month’s matchup with Relic & Artifacts?? Today you won’t be disappointed either. Crew Member Marie Johansson had so much fun she created 3 projects. Today she will be sharing Winged Spike and the Little Kid.
This collaboration really got my creative nerve going and today I present two of my three projects created for the Relics & Artifacts/Canvas Corp Brands Matchup. I was sent the Rising Spirit III resin set and a kit with mixed products from all 3 brands under the Canvas Corp Brands umbrella. This first project is a 3×3 Canvas Corp Stretched Natural Canvas that I covered with High Impact Paint, Glimmer Mist & splatters of Glimmer Glam. I applied the Turquoise paint randomly with a brush then I dribbled the Tattered Leather Glimmer Mist. After drying I splattered on the shimmering Bon Bon Glimmer Glam to create a sparkly effect.
The little resin figure from the Relics & Artifacts Set was painted with Glimmer Glaze in the shade Icicle (the color is really similar to the original resin color but bring a great shine to the piece that make it look like marble). I fussy cut out a butterfly from the Butterflies on Ivory paper and painted it with the same paint & mist as the canvas. Next, I stuck it to the piece of burlap that came in my kit. After cutting around the butterfly, I added it on top of the canvas. Lastly, I applied the little figurine on top.
Let´s look at some details:
MARIE’S second project
an upcycled spike – or bolt you might call it.
I have done similar projects like this one before, but never used resin on them – so when I found the wings in my set
I knew that I wanted to give it a try!
First of all, I painted my spike with the Turquoise High Impact Paint. Since the coverage is great so I could go with just one coat.
After drying, I added the wire wings and painted the overlapping wires with more High Impact Paint. Adding the resin wings was a bit tricky.
I used melt glue and then a really fine wire to secure them.
Now came my problem – the melted glue and the wire did not look especially nice on the center of the piece. I came up with the idea to cover it with micro beads painted with Glimmer Glam. I love the effect – I almost looks like dirt… To add more dimension I added two pieces of 7gypsies metal from my stash. I also highlighted the details on the resin wings with Glimmer Glam.
I have used these products from Canvas Corp Brands:
Tattered Angels High Impact Paint Turquoise
Tattered Angel Glimmer Glam Bon Bon
Tattered Angels Glimmer Glaze Icicle
Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist Tattered Leather
Canvas Corp Stretched Natural Canvas 3”x3”
Canvas Corp Spring Showers Collection Butterflies on Ivory 12×12 patterned paper
What would a match up be without a fun prize!!!! Here is your chance to get your hands on a $25 Gift Certificate from Relics and Artifacts and a $25 Gift Certificate from Canvas Corp Brands. Here is all you need to do….
- leave a comment here on any or all of the Match Up Posts during the month of July with Relics and Artifacts and CCB. You can leave one on each post for more chances to win. Don’t forget to include #RACCBmatchup so we can find you!!!
- and/or leave a comment on the CCB Facebook page. Don’t forget to include #RACCBmatchup so we can find you!!!
- and/or leave a comment on any of the CCB Instagram posts where you see any of the projects from the CCB team or the RA team. Don’t forget to include #RACCBmatchup so we can find you!!!
- You can follow along by searching #RACCBmatchup too. If you love what you see and would like to join our Facebook group the CCB Collective – ask to join today.
- You can find all Relics and Artifacts in their shop – www.sandraevertson.com
- check out their blog and follow them on Instagram
- We will be sharing projects the entire month of July – learn new techniques, see how new products are used and be inspired with great ideas from the RA and CCB designers.
July 25, 2017 @ 10:06 am Mary Holshouser
The wings on both pieces are fantastic.
Love the burlap and the wire outlining
the resin wings adds to them.
thanks for sharing
July 25, 2017 @ 11:04 am Donna Duff
Both pieces are amazing! #RACCBMatchup
July 25, 2017 @ 4:31 pm Cathy Frailey
Both of those projects are absolutely fabulous! ?? #RACCBmatchup