What happens when you mix some Canvas Corp Boots ‘n Saddle papers and a 7gypsies Shadow box tray, well ya get something pretty darn cut. Y’all know here in Arkansas we love a girl with a little southern flare and this tray is the perfect way to show off your country girl (or guy)! Canvas Corp’s new Boots & Saddle Collection is the perfect way to celebrate that sassy cowgirl in your life. Using some of our favorite 7gypsies vintage finds and a fun picture of this Arkansas cowgirl, we’ve created a showstopper of a piece. Here’s how you can make one of your very own for your special little cowgirl.
Items you will need:
– 7gypsies Vintage Stained Wood Printers Tray
– 7gypsies Amber Apothecary Bottles
– 7gypsies Antique Mini Round Hanger
– Canvas Corp Burlap Sheet Unsewn
– Canvas Corp E-Flute Chocolate
– Canvas Corp Light Denim Fringe
– Canvas Corp Natural Jute Cord
– Canvas Corp Boots & Saddle Words on Ivory
– Canvas Corp Rust & Ivory French Linen Stripe
– Canvas Corp Rust & Ivory Tile
– Canvas Corp Rust & Ivory Bandana Reverse
– Canvas Corp Chocolate & Ivory Large Feathers
– Canvas Corp Chocolate & Ivory Feathers Reverse
– Canvas Corp Boots & Saddle Sayings on Ivory
Tools you will need: Glue; Scissors
Step 1: Minus the three middle boxes (these are reserved for your picture), give each box in the tray a background using either the denim, fluted sheets, burlap or printed papers – save the Words on Ivory and the Sayings on Ivory papers for later. Every box should have some sort of interesting background – this will be great for showcasing the picture of your sassy cowgirl!
Step 2: Now, it’s time to cut your cowgirl picture into three pieces. Our best advice for cutting it right the first time is to measure the size of the three boxes with a little tape measure and then cut your picture accordingly. Then, all you have to do is glue the pieces into their boxes!
Step 3: Next, take your cord and hardware – charms, gears, studs, bottles – and use glue to attach them in whichever boxes you think they would look best! We chose to give our the favorite one – the cow head – its very own box at the very top of the tray.
Step 4: Then, fussy cut some feathers out of your remaining Large Feather paper and scatter them across your tray – be sure to glue them down! We are in love with these feathers!
Step 5: All that’s left to do now is whip out those Words on Ivory and Sayings on Ivory papers and cut out the phrases or words that speak to you and your cowgirl! We loved pairing “this princess wears boots” with a fussy cut cowboy boot from the Sayings on Ivory paper.
And there ya have it! A beautiful, colorful, sassy way to showcase your favorite cowgirl!