As we near Halloween it is time to think about our favorite 4 legged friends who also love treats and will even do some tricks to get them. Kimberly shares with us on the blog today a recipe for homemade dog treats that are made with ingredients found right in your kitchen and are good for your furry friends. After making your treats wrap them up in fun little treat bags and hand them out on Halloween to those trick or treaters sporting their little buddies, especially the ones in costume.
Kimberly Here!!! I wanted to share my dogs favorite treats with all my neighbors and friend’s doggies this Halloween. Most of them Trick or Treat with the kids, so I took my special Dog Treat Recipe and made up a batch, you will need to keep them in the fridge of freezer, my dog loves them frozen. This recipe is perfect for dogs with allergies and it helps with doggie tummy aches.
Halloween Dog Treat Recipe:
- 1c Canned Natural Pumpkin Purée (not pumpkin pie mix)
- ½c Natural Peanut Butter (the processed one is not the best)
- 2½c Old Fashioned Oats (save some for rolling)
- 3T Honey
- 1t Cinnamon
- Hint: You can also add powdered milk or potatoes too.
Set aside ½c of Oats for the last step.
Mix up the first 5 ingredients , then drop them to the size ball you want then roll them into the extra oats keep doing this until you have them all done, dropping them onto a cookie sheet then I quick freeze them.
Pop them into Zip-Lock bags and keep in Freezer or Refrigerator. Pull them out right before the Trick or Treaters start arriving or keep them stored when your 4 legged friend needs a treat. They will store for up to 2 weeks.
- Halloween Cardstock Papers like the Haunt it Collection from Canvas Corp – Haunt It Mix and Match
- Halloween stickers, ephemera or cuts from the Haunt it Collection.
- Canvas Corp Ivory Recipe Cards
- Canvas Corp Jute Ball
- Canvas Corp Orange Hemp
- Canvas Corp 12×12 Burlap Sheet
- Canvas corp 12×12 Orange Burlap Sheet
- Zip-Lock Bags
Tools and Supplies: Glue, Paper Cutter, Stapler