We are so excited to share what is new and exciting for spring 2016 directly from CHA in Anaheim, California. For those of you not aware of what CHA is, it is the largest craft and hobby show for retailers, distributors, craft designers and makers in the USA. The show is filled with suppliers who offer a wide range of craft materials, tools, mediums and more. Everywhere you look there is creativity going on, from make and takes and demos to beautiful displays and projects. The show is not open to the general public, but for those who have Etsy shops, online craft stores, vintage shops, create product to resell, manufacture custom invitations, etc. this is a great venue to meet new potential suppliers, see demos on new equipment, test new products first hand and to simply be inspired to design new and creative things.
Canvas Corp Brands filled 600 square feet of the CHA show floor with a boutique inspired booth that was filled with exciting new products, innovative display ideas and inspiration galore. Three brands come together to make up the Canvas Corp Brands; 7gypsies, Tattered Angels and Canvas Corp. While each stand on their own, they are amazing when they come together. Here is a link to all the 2016 New CHA items available now in the shop.
A walk through the Canvas Corp sections of the booth will take you on a boutique tour of some great little collections, projects and inspiration. With everyday lifestyle craft and DIY projects in mind, each section feats a different theme with great display ideas, terrific projects and fun ways to use the wide range of projects Canvas Corp offers.
Canvas Corp introduced two exciting new paper collections Spring Showers, which includes a range of beautiful art that is perfect for creating Easter, Spring and just pretty crafty things. The Spring Showers Collection is shipping next week and available in the shop for purchase. Note that your orders will ship when the goods arrive.
The second collection, Heirloom, is a beautiful ensemble of vintage artwork that is ready to be turned into to a heritage book, vintage mixed media piece or new art for your next adult coloring project. This collection shipping complete by the end of January, you will find some items already available in the shop Heirloom Collection.
Here are a few highlights of new products by Canvas Corp:
1. Shirts – Be Creative Every Day t-shirts – printed on a beautiful, natural color, these high quality t-shirts were a hit at the show.
The unique design features a great saying on the top and the art of vintage pens along the side and boy do they look terrific. Available in just one color in a wide range of sizes. The shirts run a bit snug as they are women’s sizes, so order one size larger if you like a roomy shirt.
2. Country Quenchers™ – mason style drink holder with straw and printed canvas wraps make them the perfect creative gift for you or your favorite crafter. Available in 5 different styles, they are perfect as they are or terrific when painted to match your personal style. Also available in blank canvas and burlap with and without the drink holder. Coming soon to the shop.
3. New Cut & Sew Items – all items are designed, cut and sewn at Canvas Corp. They are always creating new items, adding new colors and sewing up something cool. This release features a wide range of different items from tablet covers to canvas towels and from bright colored children’s aprons to Canvas and Burlap Baskets.
These blank items are perfect for crafting, screen printing, monogramming, painting, stamping, personalizing or simply selling in your shop. A wide spectrum of new colors are now available in a range of products including aprons, wine bags, drawstring bags and flowers. Most items available now in the shop.
Pictures say a 1000 words, but a video says even more. Here is a little tour of the booth where you will see sneak peeks of the new products, great projects featuring some of the great Canvas Corp collections and fun display ideas to show off the wide range of products Canvas Corp has to offer.
The Tattered Angels Paint shop was a sure draw at the show, with the new brand new Mixed Media Origins Papers, brand new Naturally Aged Kits and new colors to round out the amazing offering of mists and paints.
1. New Paint Colors – The assortment just keeps getting prettier as new colors are added to the Tattered Angels paint and mist lines. The full spectrum of color make it so easy to find just the right colors, but so hard to narrow it down. Love this display where you can see how each of the paints and mists look on wood, canvas, burlap and paper. What a great idea for your studio or shop to remind you and your customers of all the creative options. Tattered Angels paints are not just for crafting, they are perfect for mixed media and altered art, creative DIY projects, repurposing, repairing and more. New colors will be available mid February, visit our shop to see the entire palette of Tattered Angels Mist – Glimmer Mist, Simply Sheer Mist (no glimmer), Chalkboard Mist and Baseboard Mist (no glimmer). To see the entire selection of Tattered Angles Paints visit our online paint shop.
2. Mixed Media Origins Paper – something brand new from Tattered Angels and you are going to love how these papers look and feel. These 2-sided papers are printed on a heavy weight, specialty paper that almost feels like fabric. The texture and weight make it a perfect surface for mixed media and adult coloring projects. The papers are filled with beautiful art and printed textures that are the perfect starting place. Perfect for watercolor, colored pencils, markers, inks, stamps, mists, paints and more. You can then add additional texture, embellishments, words and more to make it your own. These papers are the Origin, but the finished art is all yours. 12 two-sided designs with a wide range of themes to meet everyone’s needs. They are also a great stepping stone to more detailed adult coloring papers.
Each paper comes with a beautiful focal piece of art that you can paint and highlight or you can make it part of the background and make your own focal point. Your art, your way. Stay tuned for the release of all the designs. This collection is shipping in the beginning of February.
3 – New Naturally Aged Kits – 7 new kits were designed to transform just about any surface to amazing faux finish looks from warn terra-cotta finishes and new vintage metal finishes that are added to the amazing assortment of faux wood, metal, stone and architecture finishes. These 4 paint faux finish kits are so fun and easy to work with and come with full color step by step instructions make the process easy to follow. Available in Mid-February and more details to come.
Take a little tour of the booth to get a bird’s eye view of the new offering and stay tuned for all the great releases.
Exciting things things are happening at 7gypsies with the release of new 12×12 Gypsy Mixed Media Paper Pads and a brand new collection called the Gypsy Seamstress. The booth felt like you walked into a small vintage shop that was filled with special handmade pieces, antique finds and hidden treasures. This amazing wreath by Lisa Kettell, greeted you at the gypsies door and is a beautiful inspiration for making creative DIY projects using paper.
1 – Vintage Paper Collections and new Gypsy Mixed Media Pads – 7gypsies has been introducing some amazing collections and they continue to build them by adding new items that round out each collection.
The new Gypsy Mixed Media Pads feature 2 each of the papers from each of the newest collections Gypsy Moments, American Vintage, Wanderlust and Ordre Du Jour, a coordinating printed canvas fabric, fluted paper, matching burlap and a sheet of kraft paper. These will be available at the end of January. Order them today and your order will ship as soon as the pads are made. By the way, all paper and fabric is printed in the USA and each pad is hand sewn to hold all the pieces together in just the right way.
2 – Gypsy Seamstress is something new and exciting at 7gypsies. This vintage fabric inspired line is perfect for mixing and matching to create the perfect bunting, handmade books, mini banner and more.
The collection is made up of sewn vintage fabric pennants, printed canvas mini banners, canvas stitched ornaments with exposed cotton batting, unstructured totes and a great vintage apron featuring the hottest new/old fabric, ticking. These items are ready to be altered your vintage way and will be shipping at the beginning of February.
Pictures do not do the 7gypsies booth justice, but we think this video will do the trick. Have a look around and be inspired. Stop by the shop to add your favorites or to open up a wholesale account today and bring a little vintage love into your shop.
Thank you for taking a tour with us through our exciting CHA trade show. If you are interested in opening an online wholesale account please complete this wholesale application and we will get you set up right away. If you have not attended a CHA or Craft trade show and would like more information please send us an email – email@example.com.
Collins Rep Show – Boston – We will also be attending the upcoming Collins Rep Show – this is a trade only show that will be held this spring in the Boston area. At the show you will have the chance to take hands on classes, complete a wide range of make and take projects and attend an all day wholesale only trade show where you will get one on one time with each of the suppliers, take advantage of special deals and discounts and get the chance to see their latest and greatest products. Whether you have a shop, sell online or maybe you design kits, this is a great opportunity to work with brand new products. For more information on the Collins Show contact them directly.
NAMTA – this is a new show for us and we are excited to learn about new markets. If you are near the Houston area this might be the show for you. If you are planning to attend, please add us to your list of booths to stop by, we would love to see you.
Mixed Media Event – held in Salt Lake City, this summer event brings together a host of great suppliers, offers hands on classes and a hands on trade show with new product, promotions and seasonal focus. If you are in the area or looking for a chance to see new products hands on, consider attending.
These events are not just for craft and scrapbooking stores, they are a great place for makers, etsy shop owners, kit makers, designers and new creative businesses to gain exposure to the craft and hobby market and to expand your sources.