Continuing with the holiday theme, we have for you some Handmade Christmas Decor Ideas.
Our Crew members used a variety of Canvas Corp papers and printed canvas and added some colours with nothing else but Tattered Angels mists… Here are some examples of how to play with our products to make your home even more Christmassy than it probably already is.
Holiday baking Wall Hanging – Alicja Staszak
My holiday project is an altered Christmas decoration. I used an old candlestick as a base, because of its interesting shape. I added loads of beautiful little gingerbreads, that I’ve cut from the Canvas Corp papers.
Canvas Corp Holiday Baking Butcher Paper on Ivory
Canvas Corp Hunter Green & White Trees Paper
Canvas Corp Holiday Baking: Gingerbread Houses on Ivory Paper
Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist – Caper Green, Crimson
white and black gesso
gauze, artificial plants
heat glue gun, scissors
Other Alicja’s projects can be seen on her blog and Instagram.
Santa’s Banner – Chris Pozzi
I purchased this banner last year after Christmas thinking that it would make a cute little wall hanging. I finally got back into the holiday spirit and “dressed” it up. This is a super quick and easy project that can be combined with other banners, hung on a hook, used as an ornament or even to adorn a package! – shares Chris.
Chris used the following for her banner:
7gypsies Vintage Canvas Banner – Santa’s Attire
Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist – It’s Brown
Tattered Angels Glimmer Glaze – Saffron
Tattered Angels Simply Sheer – Rosey
Canvas Corp Jute
Stampendous Shaved Ice (Glitter)
Quick steps shared by Chris:
- “Paint” Sanat’s outfit with Tattered Angels Simply Sheer – Rosey. It is OK! if the red bleeds a little into the sleeve area as we will fix that later! You can see in my example my did! But that was just an opportunity for embellishment!
- Paint the belt and boots with Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist – It’s Brown.
- Paint buttons and belt buckle with Tattered Angels Glimmer Glaze – Saffron
- Paint cuffs and “fur” areas with mixed media glue and sprinkle with the glitter.
- Attach Pom Pom Trim to top of banner and thread CCB Jute to hang.
Santa’s Coming Framed WaterColor Set – Chris Pozzi
It’s no secret that I am addicted to these Mixed Media Origins papers and Glimmer Mist! When I saw the Christmas themed Mini Origins papers, I stocked up on them! I found these 9×9 Dollar Store frames and they were perfect for my little project!
Tattered Angels Mixed Media Origins Mini Art – Nostalgic Christmas
Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist – Sugar Maple, Pearl, Mountain Mist, Snowy Pine, Sunflower, Emerald Green, Verdigris, Woven Burlap
Tattered Angels Simply Sheer – Rosey
Canvas Corp Black Flute Paper
Canvas Corp Natural Burlap
How to make the project step-by-step:
- Sleigh – On the Sleigh paper paint Reindeer with Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist – Sugar Maple. Paint Antlers with Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist – Woven Burlap.
- Sleigh – Paint Santa with Tattered Angels Simply Sheer – Rosey.
- Sleigh – Paint toys in sled with Tattered Angels Glimmer Mists. Paint Sleigh with Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist – Snowy Pine, and sleigh runner with Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist – Sunflower,
- Santa – On the Santa paper, Paint Santa’s sack with Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist – Woven Burlap. Paint the ties on the sack with Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist – Snowy Pine.
- Santa – Paint Santa’s suit with Tattered Angels Simply Sheer – Rosey.
- Santa – To paint Santa’s Face, Mix Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist – Pearl with Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist – Woven Burlap to your desired skin tone. Once Face is dry, mix in Tattered Angels Simply Sheer- Rosey to paint the cheeks.
- Both – Paint backgrounds on paint pages with Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist – Mountain Mist.
- Both – Mat both pages onto red cardstock.
- Both – Cut CCB Black Flute paper to fit your frames for the background mat. Trim Canvas Corp Burlap sheet to be slightly smaller than Black Flute mat. Fray edges of burlap and adhere to Black Flute mat.
- Both – Mat both paint pieces to the background mat to finish.
Visit Chris on her blog and Instagram.
December 13, 2017 @ 6:39 pm Julia Cotrim
Very very pretty! 🙂