One of the most relaxing things for me is just being at the beach! There’s something about listening to the sounds of the water and the kids splashing, and just putting my toes in the sand! I wanted to document this memory of being at the beach when we went on a family camping trip, and I had almost as much fun searching through my Canvas Corp Brand stash for Sea related goodies to create this layout!
This is a sample of the products Karla used to create the layout.
- Canvas Corp Printed Cardstock – Blue on Ivory Paper
- Canvas Corp Nautical: Beach Sampler on Ivory Paper
- Canvas Corp 12×12 Printed Canvas Sheet – Sand & Sea
- Canvas Corp Black and Ivory 5×7 Cardstock Pad
- Canvas Corp Printed Tags – Lighthouse
- Canvas Corp Printed Tags – Sailboat
- Canvas Corp Waxed Cotton Cord 45” – Aqua
- 7gypsies Architextures Parchment Rub On – Live
- 7gypsies Architextures Tall Base – Swirls
- 7gypsies Architextures Stash Paque – Create
- 7gypsies Architextures Findings – Found Glass Bottles Collection
- Tattered Angels Mixed Media Origins Mini Art – Nautical
- Tattered Angels Color Wash Paint – French Roast, Black, Lime Cordial, Brass, Red Wine, Patina, Lemonade
Down below you will find step-by-step instructions on how Karla created this piece.
I painted elements cut from the Beach Sampler On Ivory paper, the Sand & Sea printed canvas, the Mixed Media Origins panel and the nautical tags with various Color Wash Paints (colours listed in supplies).
I used a wide paint brush to create hand painted stripes across my background paper, starting from the left hand side and brushing across in one stroke to the right to create an ombré effect.
Using the April Sketch from Creative Scrapbooker Magazine I cut the top and sides of the striped paper and layered it on the Blue Cardstock and machine-stitched around the edges. I added a textured stamp and Versamark Ink to the bottom of the page and heat embossed with Emerald Creek Baked Texture Dirty Sand Embossing Powder.
I trimmed the top from the Mixed Media Origins panel – which has a cool almost fabric like texture- and added more of the Dirty Sand Embossing Powder before stitching it on top of the cardstock layers. I added the tags and cord to the top of the layout using Tacky Glue and added the ship in a bottle rub-on from the Parchment Rub-On paper.
I cut photo mats to fit my 3×4 photos as well as the sentiment from the Beach Sampler paper and used the Patina, Brass and Lime Cordial Color Wash Paints to paint a border around each one. Then, I glued the layers together.
I glued the matted photos and sentiment to my layout according to the sketch and added the painted Canvas elements using Tacky Glue. I added the Swirl Base sticker, trimming it to fit. I added a label and letter stickers from the Stash Paque booklet and wrote in the date and my journaling.
I cut out a couple more seashells from the Beach Sampler paper, painted them with the Color Wash Paints and clustered them on the layout beside the sentiment along with a bottle sticker from the Found Glass Collection. I used Glossy Accents to adhere coordinating sequins from SpiegelMom Scraps around my page.
Details of the finished layout:
– karla youngwirth –
Please visit Karla in social media
HAVE YOU NOT YET ENTERED THE JUNE CHALLENGE? WELL, THERE IS PLENTY OF TIME YET – YOU FIND THE DETAILS HERE