Everyone’s definition of an Ugly Cowboy might be a bit different, but the bottom line is life is too short, do what makes you happy and don’t let anyone take away your creative spirit. This 7gypsies black 12×12 shadowbox and insert were transformed with a Tattered Angels Naturally Aged Kit (Rusty Metal) and become the perfect frame for this Boots ‘n Saddle shadowbox.
What you will need:
- 7gypsies 12×12 Black Shadowbox
- 7gypsies 12×12 Black Shadowbox Insert
- Tattered Angels Naturally Aged Kit – Rusty Metal
- Tattered Angels Glimmer Glaze – Aloha Green, Adobe, Cowboy, Saffron, Mercury Glass
- Canvas Corp Boots ‘n Saddle – Chocolate & Ivory Large Feathers
- Canvas Corp Boots ‘n Saddle – Rust & Ivory French Linen Stripe
- Canvas Corp Boots ‘n Saddle – Boots ‘n Saddle on Kraft
- Canvas Corp Boots ‘n Saddle – Boots n’ Saddle Sayings
- Canvas Corp Jute Rope Natural
- Canvas Corp Natural Jute Ball
- Canvas Corp Gold Clothespins
- Canvas Corp 30×36 Denim Fabric Sheet
Tools: Paper Cutter, Scissors, heat gun, glue (we recommend Beacon’s 3 in 1 Glue)
To get started paint your shadow box and insert following the full color instructions in the Naturally Aged Kit. Here is a close up of the rusty metal technique. Follow the simple instructions and finish with the heat gun to achieve the bubbled look. We covered the inside, outside and the insert with just one kit.
Step 1: Start with a 12×12 of the Rust & Ivory French Linen Stripe and then choose the photos you will include in your shadowbox, use one or several, there are lots of spots in the insert perfect for vertical and horizontal photos. Glue the photos onto the French linen stripe, lining them up with the shadow box insert.
Step 2: color in the chocolate and ivory feathers with assorted colors of Tattered Angels Glimmer Glaze. It is like nail polish for crafts, just brush on the color where you like, shake it good to get all the mica blended – hint store them upside down to keep the mica at the top and easier to shake up. Let your features dry. Fussy cut them into their feather shapes and glue them into the bottom of your shadow box.
Step 3: fussy cut your favorite art pieces from the Boots ‘n Saddle on kraft – these are great to add here and there.
Finish by adding touches of rope in a lasso and also around the frame. Create mini denim pennants that can be added to any of the squares and finally choose the right saying for your shadowbox, the Boots ‘n Saddle Sayings has lots of great ones to choose from.
You can transform any 7gypsies tray into a wide range of faux finishes see the entire selection here.