Yes, we make products that are used to make scrapbook layouts, tags, crafts and more, but did you know that our items can also be turned into beautiful handmade cards? When you really think about making a handmade card for someone… How special is that?! You can walk into Target or Walgreens and pick up a card for a few bucks (actually a few more than a few bucks these days), jot an I LOVE YOU or MISS YOU and send the card is on its way, but how much more special is it to start with a blank card and make it personal? We can guarantee that your handmade card won’t be tossed into an old shoe box in the closet! No sir – it will sit proudly on the desk, get posted on the cork board or even better, get framed for all to see.
For those who are avid card makers, we applaud you. Now is the time to show off how easy making handmade cards can be! Let us share some of our favorites from the Crew.
1. Spread Sunshine by Beth Byrd – featuring Canvas Corp’s Bikes & Baskets Paper with a hint of soft pink here and there. To see more of Beth’s work, stop by her blog Pretty Byrd Designs
2. Baby Boy Handmade Card – when this card is opened at the shower, oh my, the mom to be will glow even more. Just mix and match pieces from the Canvas Corp Snips ‘n Snails Collection. You might want to get the sewing machine out for this one, but so not required. To see more of Tatiana’s work, stop by her blog Ideas Warehouse
3. Galina Filippenko’s Thankful card – this card feels 3-D, yet the card will slip right into an envelope and into the mailbox. Don’t be afraid to add a little embellishment if you plan to mail your card – simply beautiful. Simple art like our Kraft & White French Script is the perfect background for what you need to say. To see more of Galina’s work, visit her blog Galachko
4. Amber shows us how to create cards with a theme – tired of looking for cards that don’t really say what you want them to or are not quite the right theme? You can create a card that fits the person and the situation! like this western themed card for the country lover, you can make a custom card for any individual. Gotta love our Boots ‘n Saddle Collection for fun western papers. To see more of Amber’s Work, stop by her blog Sew-Ink5. Love color and love to paint? – Why not create your own cards in your own color palette? Match the bridal party, match the party decor or just create a cool theme. Viktoriya blends fun colors together in her Be Happy Card. To see more of Viktoriya’s work, visit Dreams Come True
6. Yasmina Tin Sang created this mixed media card ‘Find Joy in the Ordinary’ – layers of lots of goodness let your mixed media spirit come out. Glue everything well and yes, this card can be mailed or hand delivered!!! The messages from the 7gypsies collection – Gypsy Moments are perfect for saying what you want to say, adding a little touch of humor or inspiring someone. To see more of Yasmina Tin Sang work, visit Mina974
7. When it comes to buying sympathy cards, they seem to never quite say what you need to say and seem to have such random photos. Christine shares with us this beautiful handmade card she created for a friend and wow what a way to say Thinking of You. The Farmhouse Kitchen Collection has such beautiful art, we are glad it made its way to this special card. To see more of Christine’s work, visit her blog Christine’s Scrap Shack
8. Ilana created this simple message of creativity in this Flowing to Create card – what a great way to help get someone’s creativity flowing – to see more of Ilana’s work, visit her blog
9. Who said a card needed to be flat? Not Gloria as she shows us this amazing layered card filled with food goodies, recipes and lots of yumminess. What a great card to add with the gift of food for a housewarming or holiday gift of a fun new appliance. We love our food collections Epicurean and Farmhouse Kitchen. To see more of Gloria’s work, you must jump over to her blog Gloria Scraps.
10. Does someone have a favorite color? What a great card to create that truly shows you care – making it with someone’s favorite color. Sanna created this card in all blues with a single sentiment – IMAGINE. One word can say it all. Playing with Tattered Angels Mists is so fun, especially when you mist a range of Tattered Angels Mistable’s papers, each one shows off the colors so differently.
We had so much fun with this blog that we are pretty sure there will be another handmade card blog post from the crew. So many great ideas, no two are alike, each one has a fun and different message and we just love the creativity. We hope you have been inspired to make your own cards and share them with someone special.
Just a bit about our Canvas Corp Brands Creative Crew – we are so excited to have a team of designers from all over the world who work with us daily share our products, new ideas, techniques and more. Behind the screens they share with us product ideas, projects and help keep us in creative line!!! We are so proud to know every member of the crew.