So you may have heard a bit about the new collection from 7gypsies…well, if you have not, you are in for a wonderful treat and you can find out all about the entire collection – 7gypsies Architextures™ … but come back, come back! We are going to talk about one of the most unique elements in the entire collection on the blog today and you will so not want to miss it – Parchment Rub-Ons. 7gypsies has always had wonderful rub-ons and they always had a great, vintage design feel… well, wait till you get your hands on this new type of rub-on! Yes, something really and truly new. Each sheet has over 150 different designs and some of them are as big as 6-7.” When applied, they look like an old stamp with distressed ink. If you were to pick up all these stamps, you might spend a fortune, so these rubbings are a great alternative or a great way to fill in with the stamps you already have.
So OUT with the little sheet of rub-on art and IN with a full sheet of parchment paper that is literally filled top to bottom and side to side with vintage art; the sheet size is 16″ x 24.” Here are a few things you might want to know about this great, new craft product from 7gypsies:
- wide array of classic art in a vintage style
- assorted words, sayings and design
- the ink is a permanent distressed black
- there are over 150 designs per style
- there are 5 different versions currently of parchment rub-ons – live, pose, grow, build and inspire
- simply cut out a piece of art and rub it onto your art surface
- the art works the best on paper, cardboard, slick paper, glass, gessoed canvas, un-finished canvas, raw wood, 7gypsies Artboard and more… we have found it works great on other surfaces too. Keep in mind – the art is so detailed that open weave surfaces are not the best choice.
- apply with a tip, flat object or even you fingernail
- hold in place with your fingers or painter’s tape
- you can apply just one or layer more than one piece of art to create dimension
- fold up and slip back in the bag the art you did not use
- you can also use the entire sheet as decoupage paper, simply apply onto a surface and cover with your favorite decoupage medium and… wow! the look is amazing.
Are you intrigued yet, we sure hope so? Ewelina created a very fun video where she explores how to use the parchment rubons, what worked best and you can see them in action. Ewelina shows how it works on 7 different surfaces. Each looks a bit different and the more slick the surface the more you need to really hold or tape the parchment into place to make sure it stays in place while you rub it onto the surface.
We also want to share a few great projects and close-ups where the Parchment Rub-Ons take center stage and look so terrific.
You can rub them onto the new 7gypsies Architextures™ Artboards and then mist over them and they create the perfect resist for the Glimmer Mist Paint. Add a little heat with your heat gun and you get wonderful metallic waves through your piece without hurting the rub-on or the Artboard and it looks amazing.
Parchment Rub-Ons are terrific on paper and you can then mist them or add color to the art without changing it at all and the art shows through with a sheer or semi-opaque mist. Add a little heat and the gold stands out beautifully.
Something you might not know about the entire Architextures™ Collection… the packaging on almost all items can be used in your craft projects too. Lena not only used the rub-ons in the layout above, but she cut up pieces from the inside covers where you will find wonderful sayings that you can add to your journal page, layouts, cards and more.
If you are looking for a new product that will give you loads of exciting artwork to play with, these vintage style rubbings are just the ticket.
Leave the gypsies a little comment below on what you think of their new Parchment Rub-Ons and one lucky winner will get a set of all 5 styles to try out for themselves. Just leave us a message and add #parchmentrubons.