Organizing Travel Plans can be hard to do if you don’t have a place to put those plans. Linda Israel is sharing how to make a super quick travel journal to hold those travel plans to help keep you organized. Using a blank 7gypsies journal along with a few other items this journal comes together quickly.
Organize your travel plans with 7gypsies.
Products used to make the travel journal:
7gypsies American Vintage 8×8 Paper Pad (48 sheets)
Architextures™ 6″x6″ Blank Journal – Sketch
Architextures™ Trinkets – Travel Toys
Canvas Corp 12×12 Cardstock Paper – Kraft 80#
Canvas Corp 12×12 Cardstock Paper – Ivory 80# – Phrases printed on my own computer on Ivory Cardstock
Canvas Corp Burlap by the Yard
Best Glue Ever by ScraPerfect
No-Clog Writing Cap by ScraPerfect
Distress Ink – Walnut Stain
Blending tool, Sewing Machine, Velcro
Here are the main steps Linda followed in her process:
- Cut American Vintage map page to just shy of 6 inches square
- Create words with computer. Apply distress ink around the edges.
- Layer papers, map, kraft cardstock, fabric and phrase. Sew layers together, adding decorative stitches around the edge.
- Adhere layered papers to the cover leaving a pocket that opens on the top.
- Attach 7gypsies truck from Travel Toys to the cover.
- Add word phrases on the pages.
- Create a tie out of burlap and fabric sewn together with a velcro closure. Wrap around journal to keep it closed.