The Barbed Wire on Kraft takes on a whole new look when pairs with the fresh colors of yellow, pink an purple. This great background is a perfect place to created an altered space to to show off a great photo. Marie walks us through all the details of this textured and layered altered scrapbook page.
Today I’m sharing a mixed media layout made with a unusual background. Kraft materials are seldom used for mixed media scrapbooking, but I love that the thick and sturdiness of the papers and they can take a lot of mediums and water without getting too wonky. I picked the Black and Kraft Barbed Wire paper as my main paper for this project. It´s a really thick 80# paper.
I covered the paper with gesso and different shades of Glimmer Mists before embellishments where added.
The purple, pinks and yellow Glimmer Mists goes really well with the colors in the photo. It is nice to be able to coordinate your layout with your photos by adding Tattered Angels Paints in the perfect array of colors.
All of the Canvas Corp Papers are printed on Kraft, White or Ivory and mix and match together to let you create you own collection, like this Enjoy Tag from the Watering Can Collection, it is part of an assortment of tags.
I also used scraps from the 7 Gypsies Gypsy Moments line.
Products from Canvas Corp Brands:
- Canvas Home Basics Boots´n Saddle Black & Kraft Barbed Wire 12×12 paper
- 7 Gypsies Gypsy Moments Board & Room 12×12 paper
- 7 Gypsies Gypsy Moments Take our Breathe Away 12×12 paper
- 7 Gypsies Gypsy Moments Express Yourself 12×12 paper
- Canvas Home Basics The Watering Can Printed Tags
- Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist Party Pink
- Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist It´s Orange
- Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist Fully Purple
- Tattered Angels Baseboard Sandy Beach
- Canvas Home Basics Hemp Rope Hot Pink
Thanks for visiting today!!!
To see more of Marie’s work stop by her blog Create without limits.