There are so many ways of keeping our memories alive – photos need home. Some of us opt for photo frames, some of us have albums, some of us don’t print them at all and keep them safely stored on their computers… and some of us are scrapbookers…Sometimes you need it to be all about the boys or for the guys and most of the papers are very girly, well no 7gypsies, they have many options for masculine or non-girly papers to work with. Below you will find some great ideas that can be girly if you want, but they have a great look and work well with those wonderful boy or guy photos you might have hanging around.
Make sure you take a look at the scrapping ideas three of our Crew members share below and make sure to stop by the CCB shop to stock up on some awesome supplies.
The world is my inspiration – Kate Dachovska
Sometimes I just go through the city and when I see something interesting I take a photo. I found this door in Kutna Hora (a very old city in Czech Republic) when I was there with my son. When I saw that door, I know that this photo will be a perfect match for the Architextures Painted Doors paper. They look so similar that it seems like my doors were an inspiration for this paper…
Architextures paper – Painted doors
Architextures Parchment Rub-On packaging
Tattered Angels Glimmer Mists – Dijon, It`s Black, Navy Blue
Canvas Corp Kraft Paper
Pebeo – clear gesso
Archival ink black, stamps
iZink 3D – turqoise, gold
heat tool, glue gun, paper trimmer
- Apply over whole paper clear gesso, it is preparation for next steps. Use heat tool to dry it.
- Take any of your favourite stencils and some coloured structure paste and apply it. Dry it.
- Take any of 7gypsies printed papers, cut into strips and glue them down making a background for the photo.
- Apply clear gesso over the glued stripes. Dry it.
- To add even more interest to the background, stamp over the glued stripes.
- Take Glimmer Mists and colour the background and make splatters. Dry it.
- My sentiments come from strips of the packaging of Architextures Rub Ons.
- Glue the sentiments in and add your photo. Your layout is ready!
School – Tatiana Klimshina
This autumn my son went to school for the first time. It was very exciting for our family, and of course I made lots of scrapbooking styled projects. One of them is a school themed layout. I also made a simple and fun little tutorial with CCB products. In it, I am showing you how to make those amazing leafs in a couple of steps. This technique could be used in different ways: you can use the leafs for fall home decoration, in layouts, cards, gift boxes ect. So enjoy!
Canvas Corp Haunt It Halloween Pin Dot Paper
Canvas Corp Red&White Ribbon Stripe Paper
Canvas Corp Black&Kraft Live, Love Laugh Paper
Ken Oliver Crafts – Water-Media paper 5×7
Tattered Angels Glimmer Mists – Marmalade, Wheat, Silk
Canvas Corp Cord – Waxed Cotton – Sand 45′
Canvas Corp Tissuestock 12×12 – Kraft
Other: school textbook, dies Mimicut
- Use the lightest color to make background for future leaves. I used Wheat color – it is soft and natural looking yellow color, just what I needed.
- Use brush and clear water to moisten the cover.
- Use different hue of red for the remaining leafs. I used Flower Power, and it is bright orange, amazing color.
- Make some sprays with the most brightest color. I used Marmalade.
- Use soft brush with clear water and make some watercolor effect.
- When all paper is dry, I found free leafs template and printed it on the watercolored paper using regular inkjet printer. You can draw them by yourself if you want.
- I colored some more leafs using the same colors from light to dark colors. This time, I left some white space – it looks nice too. Then I cut out all the leafes and used them in my layout.
Unique – Ilana Polakiewicz
I made this page using metallic elements to create a “boy look”. I have made a video with my process to create this page. It is already on my blog.
7gypsies Ordre Du Jour collection – To & Due paper
Tattered Angels Glimmer Mists – Black Magic, True Turquoise, It’s Orange, Dijon
Buttons and pin – Toke & Crie
Washi tapes set and Ephemera– Magnolia Jane Collection – Heidi Swapp
Nostalgiques – The Attic Collection – Rebecca Sower Designs
Numeric – Tim Holtz / Stamper’s Anonymous
Archival ink pad – Jet Black – Ranger Ink
Southern Cottage – Magnolia Jane – Heidi Swapp
Letters and numbers – Domestic Goddess – 7 Dots Studio
Cardboard, Staple clips, Wire
Stamps, Glue, Scissors
Stapler, Heat tool