Back from summer vacation, ready to get the kids back to school? Now is the time to get your travel photos printed and your crafting supplies on the table and start capturing the amazing memories of your summer. Kids splashing in the pool, burying dad in the sand, family party on the 4th or cookout with neighbors, so whether you traveled near or far or had a summer staycation, those memories are precious and should not be forgot.
Here is a great layout that shows off this amazing Yacht we came upon during our summer travels and had to snap a shot, the kids so wanted to jump aboard, do you think the captain would have minded?
What we used:
- Canvas Corp Printed Cardstock: Red & Ivory Big Stripe, Bon Voyage Stripe, Black & Ivory Fleur Di Lis, Kraft and Red Mini Dot Rev
- Canvas Corp e-flute Chocolate and Kraft
- Canvas Corp Burlap Fringe Red
- Canvas Corp Mini Kraft Bags
- Canvas Corp Printed Fabric French Script
- Canvas Corp Mini Clothespins Red
- Canvas Corp Waxed Cotton Black and Red
- Canvas Corp Jute 225′ Ball
- Canvas Corp Chalkstock Tags – Skinny
- 7gypsies Charms Travel
- 7gypsies Vintage Clips
- 7gypsies Round Hangers
- 7gypsies Hangers
- 7gypsies Postcards
Tools & Supplies: Paper Cutter, Scissors, Beacon Adhesives 3 in 1 Glue, Marvy Punch (for mini banner)
Let us walk you around this layout and highlight some simple techniques you can add to your layouts.
1. Don’t be afraid to make it dimensional, Beacon’s 3 in 1 Glue is amazing, it will hold just about anything paper, fabric, metal, plastic, acrylic, burlap, wood, cardboard, flute and more. Just hold in place for a few seconds and your embellishment will stay where you put it, we just love that.
2. create a mini banner using scraps of paper you have, small accent pieces on your papers, etc. This allows you to add a range of prints to your page in a clever and small way with big results. We love the 7gypsies vintage clips, it just finishes this little banner off so well – oh yeah Beacon Glue will even hold that in place. 3. Slip a mini bag behind photos and papers to make a little pocket to hold journaling notes if you are not a fan of journaling on your pages, extra photos or tickets from the event.
There are many more details on this page we hope you enjoyed, but the key here is we hope you are inspired to print your photos and make something fun.
If scrapbooking is not your thing, try this travel crate and fill it with your pictures and you can decorate the file folders and pages and much or as little as you choose. Stop by our Travel Photo Crate blog post for all the details or
create a mini Bon Voyage Travel Journal filled with lots of fun little details and lots of photos. Check out the blog post for all the details.