Create a simple mantel today for the holiday weekend – with these 5 created ideas for a 4th of July mantel.
1. Paint Your Own Flag – you can do this with just about any paint – choose a red, blue and white or silver – we used Tattered Angels Chalkboard Mist (we watercolored it onto the paper), Metallic White – then paint onto any heavy weight paper – like this Canvas Corp Kraft & Black Postcard Paper – the simple design in the back gives a fun vintage vibe to your hand painted flag. Paint 1″ stripes across, then cut a piece of Canvas Corp Navy & Kraft Stars Paper and add touches of metallic white paint to the stars.
2. Find red – to give us pops of color we found various red objects to add to the mantel like these amazing Jan Barboglio Candle Holders. We simply removed the metal bow and replaced it with a tie of our new Navy & Ivory Ticking (coming very soon). Choosing red items from your Christmas stash that are cool and basic are perfect for your patriotic display.
3. Create your own vintage art pieces for the mantel like this vintage sign “No all who wander are lost” – a great reminder of those summer vacations past, present and future. Mist a piece of raw wood with any Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist to the perfect tone with just a touch of glimmer, layer a sheet of Canvas Corp Navy & Ivory Ticking Paper and cut this Polaroid vintage image and saying from the 7gypsies American Vintage Paper Collection Go & See – there are other great sayings to choose from. Drip drops of paint onto the image to finish it off.
Create another piece and place it in a frame or this 7gypsies Vintage Stand – start with a 5×7 piece of book board or cardboard and wrap it with Canvas Corp Blue Burlap and choose another quote from the 7gypsies Go & See Paper. Slip your piece into the metal stand and add a touch of ticking.
4. Choose decorative pieces you might have like this Round Top Collection Painted Metal Banner or create your own with paper, fabric or painted metal to string across the front of the mantel. Keep it simple and make it a part of the the display.
5. Choose other everyday object on the mantel or around the house and tie a piece of ticking or ribbon that you have used in your display to tie it all together, like moss balls, rosemary trees or other natural decorative pieces.
These simple techniques can be quickly changed as the holiday season passes by removing the painted flag and the banner and add summer flowers or make a simple burlap banner.
We hope we have inspired you to create a mantel today for the upcoming holiday weekend. Keep it simple, use what you have and only use a few things that are all about the holiday so your mantel can be every changing.
Happy Creating and Happy 4th of July from the Canvas Corp Brands Crew!!!!