What do you do with the bits and pieces left over from a big project? Toss them? Store them? Why not make a birthday card or two? It’s great way to use the papers, left over painted pieces, pieces of cord, etc. Crew member Marie Johannson shows us how to make a great gypsy style card that is really easy to make, but looks like a million bucks.
Making a funky Birthday card is easy when you have products from Canvas Corp Brands available. A premade card base, patterned papers, tags, mist and some embellishments from your stash is what you need:
- Value Pack Greeting Cards (1 used only one…) – White
- 7gypsies Ordre du Jour 12×12 Seize the Day
- 7gypsies Tags: Manila Naked
- 7gypsies Gypsy Moment Tags: To & From Asst
- Canvas Home Basics Burlap Fringe Ivory
- Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist “Jack Frost”
- Adhesive, scissors, yarn or similar, stamp ink, embellishments (flowers, badges, brads etc)
Simply layer the patterned papers on top of each other and fasten with your favorite adhesive on the card base. Layer your chosen tags – cut up pieces of cardboard as dimensional “stickers” is a perfect re-purpose tip – and cut our burlap banners.
Adding embellishments with different structure gives the card more dimension and interest. Try mixing lace with natural burlap. Or bling with worn metal. Canvas Corp Brands has the perfect items for a great mix.
Marie’s style of layering, distressing and clever color combinations keeps us coming back for more. If you have a color combo in mind, don’t mind the fact that there are not embellishments and papers to match perfectly, just make your own your way. To see more of Marie’s work visit her blog – Create Without Limits