For those that love art making and writing, art journals are a great way to express their inner selves. Most of our Crew members dib and dab into the art of journalling every now and again and today, we’re sharing with you three of them – you know, to give you some ideas as well as to show you how many different journaling styles are there.
Hi, I would like to share with you super easy art journal. I want to show all beginners that you do not need tons of mediums to make nice colourful art journal. Just take some paints, old brush and you can create.
- With old brush apply different paints, you do not need to apply gesso as first layer. Just apply paints.
- Make with old brush straight moves, mix light and dark paints.
- With piece of foam apply through stencil two darker paints. After each step use heat tool to dry project.
- Take some of your favourite stamps, black ink and stamp lightly background, just here and there.
- With black and white acrylic marker make border.
- Glue stickers and make stitched lines around them. And that is all. Easy simple fun.
Simple art journal page if you like to paint with your fingers. You need an old book, acrylic paint and Glimmer Mist.
I did two different pages with the same colors. Enjoy!!!
Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist – Golden Orange, Dried Lavender, Fully Purple, Precious Metals
7gypsies Architextures Findings – Iron Fence
Black and Gold acrylic paint
White gesso and Ink pencils
This video tutorial is for my first page.
I wanted to create an art journal page that used different materials like scraps of paper and burlap fabric.
7gypsies Gypsy Moments 8×8 Paper Pad
Tattered Angels Chalkboard Mist – Inchworm, Firefly
Tattered Angels Mixed Media Origins Mini Art – Garden Flowers
Canvas Corp Mini Clothespins – Lime Green
Canvas Corp Coloured Burlap – Avocado
- Spray a blank page with Firefly and Inchworm mist sprays.
- Cut out the flower from the Mixed Media Orgins Garden Flowers papers and colour them in with inks. Stamp out a few butterflies, colour them in and cut them out.
- Use texture stamps over the background
- apply a stencil with modeling paste. Once set paint over the top with white gesso and spray with Inchworm.
- Cut up strips of advacardo Burlap and Paper strips from the Gypsy Moments pad. Layer them over each other and then add some thread.
- Cut out one of the white doors from the Architextures 8 x8 paper pad and add to the page. Then add a mini white paper bag and spray with ink.
- Add the flowers and the butterflies to the page
- Add mini clothespins to the centres of the large butterflies and then add a sentiment