Hello crafters! Jennie Thompson here today sharing my 6×6 piece.
When I went through all of the things that I ordered from CCB, there were so many “ooh!” and “ahh!” moments. I’m definitely a touchy-feely crafter! I love textures and weights (except glitter, but that’s for another day). One thing in particular really jumped out at me. I’ve never felt papers like the Tattered Angels Mixed Media Origins. It’s like fabric-paper. A little cottony, a little silky – Ellie called it like suede. It’s gorgeous (“like butta”). It was difficult to choose which one I wanted to use first.
Since it was coming up on the Chinese New Year, I had been reading about the traditions and meanings of the various animals. So, one of the energies of the rabbit was in my mind when I was going through the 6×6 papers. Hope. Perfect for the new year, new beginnings, something to look forward to 🙂 This little project came together very nicely. But you really need to touch these papers for yourself. Photography doesn’t do them justice.
Tattered Angels Mixed Media Origins – Mini Art Collection- Wings
7Gypsies Architextures Treasures – Distressed Wooden Doors
7Gypsies Architextures Stash Paque – Enjoy (the No. 4 sign and Hopes sign stickers)
7Gypsies Architextures Findings – Painted Candlestick Collection
Stampin’ Up! sprigs
misc. tapestry ribbon
This is the assortment from which I chose the rabbit, flowers and butterflies paper.
It also has the mention of “Entomology Library” (love!)
Here are some pointers:
- I started by watercoloring the rabbit with markers and a blender pen. This could also be done with the Tattered Angels paints or some watercolor pencils.
- I then watercolored the butterflies and some of the flowers. After letting it sit to dry for a moment, I started placing the adhesive-backed pieces.
- These doors are as awesome as they look! Totally detailed, lovely feel and weight. (I ordered 3 of them – love at first sight!)
- I used the candlesticks as planters/urns for my entryway “trees”. I needed to stick the base of the sprigs through the paper because they were pushing the candlesticks up too much.
- To finish the project, I stapled the tapestry ribbon piece (a favorite I’ve held onto for years) across the top. The metal hanger was the perfect topper to show the whole thing off 🙂
Have a great crafty day!!!
– Jennie –