- Butterflies on Ivory Paper
- Spring Flowers Reverse on Ivory Paper
- Spring Garden
- Spring Sayings on Ivory
- Printed Canvas Tile
- Kraft & White Mini Dot Paper
- Fabric Panel – Spring Showers
- Canvas Fringe
- Small Egg Cartons
- Other – Bakers twine, felt, buttons, ribbons, twine, paper doilies, craft paper eggs and alphabet letters
- Acrylic Paints (Try Décor & DIY paints, High Impact Paints or Glimmer Mist from Tattered Angels)
- Tools; Sizzix Machine, scissors, hot-glue gun, embroidery needle.
To create this Easter Chicken Wire Frame start with a old frame, if you can find one with lots of personality, it will look amazing when painted. You can paint the frame with acrylic paint, spray paint or try Tattered Angels Decor & DIY Paint. The Tattered Angels paints can all be applied inside, so if you are creating your project on a snowy or wet day you are in luck with any Tattered Angels Paint, non-toxic, low odor, no sanding, no priming and no ventilation required. The Decor & DIY Paint is also great for Outdoor use, so consider placing this fun frame on your door in place of an Easter Wreath, especially if there is a screen door in the way.
- Vintage wooden frame
- Acrylic, Milk Paint, Chalk Paint or Decor & DIY Paint
- Chicken Wire
- Assorted Fabrics, Papers, Tissue, Felt
- Canvas Corp Natural Clothespins
- Canvas Corp Spring Showers Mixed & Match Pad
- Lace trimmings
- Wooden Buttons
Tool: Staple Gun or small hammer and nails, paint brush, die cut machine, glue, scissors.
Step 1 – Paint your frame and let it dry
Step 2 – cut and add chicken wire (another option is to use screen material) to the back of the frame by stapling, nailing or gluing into place
Step 3 – Create the banner – for the background spring banner use the Spring Showers Fabric Panel and cut it into triangle shapes. If you are planning to place the frame outdoors you might want to adhere the pennants to cardboard for more stability. Then add cardboard letters, wooden buttons and lace trimming at the top. Add your Spring Banner to a piece of cord with the natural mini clothespins. Clip the banner onto your DIY Chicken Wire farm.
Step 4 – create more flowers with the various Sizzix dies or your favorite flower dies and add them to the frame. Making the flowers out of different materials such as paper, tissue, doilies, felt and fabric give them very found look.
Step 5 – Fussy cut more of your favorite vintage Easter and Spring art from the Spring Showers papers and add them to the frame with the mini clothespins.