Tatiana shares with us a bit about her inviations:
Crafting your own invitation is so easy and no fear they can be as elegant as you wish them to be. Why not craft your own invitations for you next event – wedding, birthday, baby shower, bridal shower or even girls night out? The personal touch will make your guests swoon. The cards featured in this post are by crew member, Tatiana Klimshina and are simply beautiful. What an honor it would be to receive one.
You can print off the details of your event or for a smaller event you may even hand write them.
Invitations come in all shapes and sizes and did you know you can mail anything? Yes anything, but when you go outside of the standard sizes the cost to mail them changes, but the fact that you can let your imagination run wild is pretty fun when it comes to creating custom invitations. Canvas Corp offers a wide range of papers that are perfect for invitations. Here are a few things you might not know about Canvas Corp Papers:
1. They are all printed on paper made with recycled materials
2. They are printed with soy ink
3. The paper and printing is all done in the USA
4. All the designs are printed on one side of the paper making them perfect for invitations, layouts, cards and more
5. The paper is 80# cardstock, which is a heavy weight paper that is a great weight for cards
6. There are matching envelopes for the ivory, kraft and white papers in a range of sizes, even a 12×12 envelope in kraft
7. Papers are sold in packs of 15
8. The designs are available all the time, unlike scrapbooking paper lines that discontinue papers after the collection is sold out, these papers are staples, so you can design invitations for your clients and count on the paper being there. (once in a while we are out of stock, so check in if you have a large order to make sure we have the paper in-stock)
9. You can run the paper through your printer and print the information on the blank side.
10. The blank paper that matches is available in packs of 25 and you can print and cut the invite information and attach it. Kraft 80# Cardstock; White 80# Cardstock and Ivory 80# Cardstock
Canvas Corp offers a wide range of basic invitation ready papers that are perfect for designing invitations. A simple stripe or dot or maybe compasses, wine glasses or a western motif. The themes are abundant when looking for just the right paper for yourself or your clients.
I made simple and elegant invitations, which can also be used for greeting cards, gift certificates, thank you cards and more. I love Canvas Corp patterned kraft papers, they are so unique and creative, so I chose them for these invitations. The invitation design could be used with any CCB papers – bright chevron for kids birthday party invitations, pink dots for baby’s thank you card etc. It all depends on the party’s theme and you can make a card to coordinate and even thank you cards that match.
Tools Used: Crop a dile, Paper Cutter, Scissors, Glue, folding or scoring tool
Start by choosing the size invitations you are sending and make sure to have envelopes that fit. If you are going to add a touch of dimension like a ribbon, bow or embellishment you will want to reduce the size of the invites a bit so they fit well into the envelope.
You can create these gate style invitations with ease. Simply cut the paper double the size horizontally of your finished card size and the exact height. (or the opposite if you are making the opening horizontal)
If you have a scoring tool or folding guide to help make even folds on each side of the card, making room for the invitation details to be inserted in the center section.
Type up the information or hand write it and cut the pieces to fit inside the invitations. Cutting them slightly smaller than the back section will give them a boarder. You can use glue or a tape runner. If you want to add more detail you can add one more layer of printed paper.
Add grommets by using a hole punch or Crop O Dial and following the grommet intructions onto each side of the flaps and tie with cord, ribbon or jute. Keep in mind if the bow or ribbon is too thick it may be difficult to slip into an envelope. You will want to address all the envelopes before putting the invitations, allowing you to write onto a flat surface.
Cards with silver strips are wedding invitations – elegant and chic, black and navy blue chevron are gift certificates, black and orange diamonds – party invitations, gold diamonds – girls party invitation. Simple elegance with a touch of kraft which brings a creative handmade tone that just works.
Tatiana Klimshina shares elegant crafts with beautiful photography that sets the tone for each project she creates. To see more of her work visit her blog – Ideas Warehouse and you can follow her on YouTube
Happy Invitations and Happy Party!!!