Canvas Corp printed canvas are designed to match each collection – they have beautiful art printed on them, which you can leave as they are but, when painted, dyed, misted or even fussy cut, will make glorious embellishments or centre pieces of all shabby chic style projects. With the additions of unlimited colour burlap flowers and cords, there are so many ways of combining elements and achieving beautiful projects. Today, Christine Santos, our Crew member, shares with you her idea on how to turn plain and printed canvas sheets into beautiful home decorations.
Christine’s ‘GROW’ spool mobile is a prime example how to turn plain natural canvas into something very special.
‘I bought a vintage spool at my favourite local vintage store and as soon as I got my hands on this little beauty, I knew I had to create a mobile with it. The decision to call it “Grow” was easy because it’s my word for 2017… one must not stop growing and improving. I used some gorgeous images from the Watering Can and Spring Showers collections, with more Canvas Corp Brands products to match.’ – says Christine about her hanging mobile.
Canvas Corp Birds & Bees On Ivory Paper
Canvas Corp Spring Showers Printed Canvas Sheet
Canvas Corp Ivory Burlap Flower
Canvas Corp Light Natural Hank Hemp Jute Rope
Canvas Corp Natural Canvas Sheet
Canvas Corp Natural Mini Clothespins
Canvas Corp Cream Hank Braided Rope
7 Gypsies Princesca Crystal Hardware
Other: Spool, Flowers
Christine also shares the very straight-forward instructions for this ‘word for the year’ hanging mobile:
- First, tie the hemp Jute Rope on both sides of the spool in order to create a ‘swing’; this is where your theme word will be added.
- Add the Ivory Burlap Flower on the right side of the rope and layer the butterfly form the Spring Showers Canvas Sheet on top.
- Cut out some strips from the Natural Canvas Sheet and tie them beside the tied ropes on the spool. Punch a couple of holes in the middle of the cut-out bird (Watering Can paper) and run the canvas strips through it starting from the left side.
- On the remaining Canvas sheet, adhere some alphas and cut each of them in a square. Adhere them to the spool.
- Cut out the large bee from the Watering Can paper and adhere this near the bottom of the right canvas strip. Cut the bottom of this strip into smaller pieces and tie the long piece of 7Gypsies Cystal Hardware from one of the strips to secure it. Add a Natural Mini Clothespin on top of the bee.
- Cut a small strip of Cream Hank Braided Rope and insert this onto the large 7Gypsies Crystal. Then, fray both sides of the rope to form a bow and adhere this very well to the bottom of the left canvas strip. Finish it all off by adding some flowers and leaf.
You can personalise the project with your colours of choice. You could also make a composition of three or more mobiles – wherever your imagination takes you. Whichever option you decide on, share it with us in the Collective.