Various greeting cards are always handy to have – be it forgotten birthday, leaving do or get-well-soon, handmade cards are so much more personal and meaningful than the mass-produced ones.
Two of our Crew share with us their take on greeting cards today.
Both layered, one full of mixed-media textures the other delicate and understated…
Let’s take a look at both!
Katie Lamb – Friendship with Gypsy Moments
I wanted to create a shabby chic style card that had a lot of texture and layers. – says Katie.
- Cover a 6 x 6 card using patterned paper from the Gypsy Moments paper pad. Add a few strips of washi tape to the corners of the card and rub gesso over the top and then stamp along the edges with a texture stamp.
- Cut a wide strip of lace and glue to half of the card. Use one of the 4 x4 squares from the scrap pack and adhere to centre of the card. Cut a strip of floral patterned paper and adhere across the card.
- Adhere a white lace along the bottom of the floral strip. Cut out a piece of corrugated card and ink the edges before adhering to the card. Cut out a topper from the Gypsy Moments 8×8 pad and adhere to centre of corrugated card.
- Tip: Use spritzing inks to dye white paper flowers to match any project.
- Decorate the card with flowers.
Make sure you visit Katie’s Instagram for more ideas.
Steph Ackerman – Happy Place Butterfly Card
I love butterflies and can’t wait for them to appear once winter is finally over each year. The Butterflies on Ivory cardstock allows you to color the butterflies with some amazing Tattered Angels colours. – explains Steph.
Materials used in Steph’s card:
Canvas Corp Spring Sayings on Ivory
Canvas Corp Butterflies on Ivory
Canvas Corp Black Cardstock
Canvas Corp Burlap 12×12 Panel
Tattered Angels Plain Jane Stained Glass – Lemon, Lavender
Tattered Angels Glitter Glam – Twinkle Toes
Tattered Angels High Impact Paint – Grey
Using Scor-Pal, create a 5 1/2″ square card from black cardstock.
Cut Ivory Cardstock 5″ square and adhere to card. Cut burlap to fit across card.
Add color to butterflies with Stained Glass in Lemon and Lavender.
Cut a small butterfly panel from the Spring Sayings cardstock and paint with Stained Glass in Lemon and Lavender. Rub Grey High Impact Paint around the edges of the panels.
Mat the small butterfly panel with black cardstock. Add both panels to the card wth foam adhesives for dimension. Add Twinkle Toes Glitter Glam for a little extra sparkle on the butterflies.
Two different designers, two different cards… both beautiful in their own right!
Make sure you keep coming back as we’ve always got plenty of ideas to share.