Hello everyone! I am Kimberly Sisco and it’s my turn to share my project with you here.
I am currently decorating our home in a vintage shabby chic style and I wanted to create a unique way to display old photos I have of my grandparents. We had purchased several black plastic frames at a garage sale for pennies and I wanted to alter these frames.
I was at first inspired by the Tattered Angels High Impact paints in Aqua and White, the 7gypsies Market Signs pattered paper, and the most of the papers from the 7gypsies ‘Gypsy Moments’ paper pack; I could immediately see my memory keeping frame come to life.
Materials used for the project:
Tattered Angels High Impact Paint – Aqua and White
Tattered Angels Calendar Mist Kit: English Garden and Cruising
Canvas Corp Bulk Market Tags 4.25×2.125
Canvas Corp Butterflies on Ivory 12×12 paper
Canvas Corp Canvas Flower – Natural
7gypsies Key set in Antique Gold
7gypsies Market Signs 12×12 paper
7gypsies ‘Gypsy Moments’ 8×8 paper pad
7gypsies Short Base –Tiles
Various paint brushes, Matte liquid adhesive, Crackle Medium
How to affectively alter the frame:
- Apply gesso to frame and let dry.
- Apply Tattered Angels High Impact Paint in Aqua let dry.
- Apply second coat of Aqua paint.
- Apply your favorite crackle medium and let dry.
- Apply one layer of Tattered Angels High Impact Paint in White and let dry.
- The beautiful distressed frame is ready. To add even more to the look, you could sand randomly and remove/show off layers.
Enjoy your crafting!
– Kimberly –