Creating a layout your way, your colors, your style is easy when you color the background paper, the embellishments and choose the style. Tattered Angels Mixed Media Origins and Canvas Corp Papers let you do just that. You can color them in with watercolor, paints, mists, inks, pastels and more. Your favorite painting style. Crew Member Sanna Lippert shows us how it is done. We are going to show the after first as it is so beautiful.
5 cool things about Mixed Media Origins Papers:
1. the paper feels like fabric
2. the paper is extra strong, you cannot rip it easily
3. the paper will dry flat after applying water and heavy paints
4. the paper can be fussy cut into smaller pieces and holds its shape
5. the paper is two sided so you have your choice in designs
Sanna shares the story of her project: These photos have a special meaning to them – it is the great cousins meeting after a long time. Two are almost grown up, and the other ones still very little. There is so much admiration from the little ones towards the big ones, and the grown up boys patiently play and goof around with them. Then comes the sudden attack of affection. What precious memories!!! I just needed to capture these moments on a layout. I chose to print my photos in black and white, and use lots of happy Tattered Angels colors on the papers. In a start to finish video tutorial, you can see how this layout comes together.
Here is a how to video for my scrapbooking layout.
1. Mist the background with Tattered Angels mists. Add white color with the paint pen to the words in the middle of the Origins papers, and add High Impact Paint splatters here and there. Color some details along the edges of the paper. (see the video for reference on the different steps)
2. Next, use paint brushes for coloring the flower pieces from the mix & match pad.
3. Fussy cut all of the flowers and butterflies, and fussy cut words from the Ordre Du Jour paper pad.
4. Assemble the photos on top of the colored pieces, and then add the burlap yarn, the fussy cut words, and wood veneer around the photos.
5. Lastly, add journaling and the title with white alphabets. Have fun!
Canvas Corp Brands is the home of Tattered Angels, 7Gypsies and Canvas Corp (Canvas Home Basics). We are a manufacturer of surfaces, paint and vintage reproductions coming to you from Springdale, Arkansas.