Hello crafty friends! “Tis the season to be crafty, and I decided to use the Farmhouse Christmas collection to create a festive set for gift-giving this Christmas: a rustic gift box and a step card.
Unfortunately, I had some camera trouble while creating this project, so there’s a shortage of photos of the process (the Camera Monster ate them!) In their place, I have included templates for both the box and card, and some close-ups as well.
I started by creating a template for the box parts; you may remember I’m not a huge fan of measuring, so I used the same template for the top and the bottom, scoring just inside the score line for the bottom and just outside of the top, as there of course has to be a small difference in the finished sizes so the top can slide over the bottom. I used a full 12″x 12″ piece for each. and the box bottom was made with a piece of plain kraft, as the top covers it completely.
As you can see, the ended up fitting together quite nicely.
- I cut strips of burlap and frayed the edges to make the wrapped-package look, but glued them over the top each way rather than wrapping them around the box, so it can be opened without messing up the embellishments.
- The bow was made with some wired burlap ribbon I had in my stash that matched the natural burlap perfectly.
- The chipboard snowflakes from Gypsy Soul Lase Cuts were left natural and attached to lengths of jute, then attached under the bow so they would cascade over the side.
- The step card was created using a template I customized to the size I wanted.
- The paper pieces were cut to fit each section, distressed and inked. Some elements that I added were popped up with foam tape for dimension, and a snowflake strip, also from Gypsy Soul was added across the length of the card.
I hope you enjoyed seeing my project!
I’m excited that the present I put in here will be instantly wrapped-no further effort needed!
I just may end up making a few more of these-there are, after all, several other papers in the package!
Happy christmassy crafting!