Scrapbooking is such a beautiful way of keeping our memories safe.
Some of them are bright and colourful; some are more serious and toned down; all of them are just as important and valuable.
What better way to keep them alive than by scrapbooking; and what better way to scrapbook than with Canvas Corp Brands products!
Our Crew member, Katka Dachovska shares with us two of her pages made using our CCB materials…
reading about travels
‘My son, Toby (8yrs) loves reading. When last December, we were on Gran Canaria, he took with him 3 books and he would read in breaks between swimming. I took a photo of him reading which you can see in this layout. My little boy was so big and I was so happy that he didn’t need an iPhone or iPad for entertaining. I am so proud that he loves reading.’ – shares her story Katka.
Tattered Angels Glimmer Mists: Electric Blue, Dragonfly, Woven burlap
Tattered Angels High impact: White, Black
7gypsies Maritime collection: paper pad and ephemera, 12×12 paper
Finnabair – Heavy gesso
Canvas Corp Brands – burlap
Pebeo – clear gesso
Aladine – Izink 3D paste – turquoise, caviar
brush, spatula, stencils, heat tool, glue gun
Apply clear gesso over the whole paper. TIP: before you start your work, glue another paper under main paper to avoid wrinkles from all the wet media.
Apply white gesso only partly on the area where your main focus will be. For drying, use a heat tool.
Take 2 different stencils and 2 different modeling pastes and apply them one over the other. If you do not have a coloured modeling paste, you can mix basic paste with High Impact paints or a drop of a chosen mist.
Build a paper and burlap cluster to place behind your photo and glue it onto the stencilled area.
If you have any interesting chipboards, you can decorate your layout with them too.
With Glimmer Mists, randomly colour the paper cluster and burlap.
The final step is to make splatters with white and black colour. Just mix High Impact paint with water and make splatters.
‘I love all the polka dot papers by Canvas Corp Brands so I decided to make a layout with Pink and Ivory Dot Reverse Paper. I think combination of pink, black, white and grey is super so my layout do not need anymore colours. I used a photo of my sharpei puppy, Dobby. I also used three different stencils and pastes; more layers make the background more interesting. Do not be afraid of experimenting.’ – says Katka.
Tattered Angels Glimmer Mists: Wedding Pink, Sterling
Tattered Angels Chalkboard Mist Iron
Canvas Corp 12×12 paper: Pink & Ivory Dot Reverse
Pebeo – clear gesso, modeling paste
Finnabair – heavy gesso
Aladine – Izink 3D paste caviar
Tonic Studio – Nuvo – Embellishment mousse Pure Platinum
Frantic Stamper dies
scraps of papers
various stencils, stamps and glitters
Memento luxe ink
Tim Holtz stickers
brushes, spatula,heat tool, glue gun
- Apply clear gesso over the whole page to prepare it for wet media. Use heat tool for drying (use it in every step where drying is necessary to speed up the process).
- With spatula, apply white gesso just where the photo and embellishments are going to be. Dry it.
- Use different stencils and pastes for background. In mixed media, more layers mean more interest for your project. Dry it.
- Mix Glimmer Mist with modeling paste to create coloured paste. Apply it but do not dry it yet!
- When the paste is still wet, sprinkle some glitters over it. Now you can dry it.
- With scrap papers, prepare a cluster for behind the photo and glue it.
- Add some embellishments – I made die-cuts from scrap papers.
- Now it is time for some background stamping. Use some pink and black ink and any of your favourite stamps.
- Next step is to make splatters with Glimmer Mists. Always cover your photo during splattering. Dry it.
- The final step is to make black splatters. Dry them. Add stickers or any kind of sentiment.
Two very different but both equally beautiful layouts. At Canvas Corp Brands, we have everything you might need to make your scrapbooking pages – papers, paints, embellishments. All you need is some crafting time and a pile of your photos to keep the memories alive.