Hello Canvas Corp Brands Fans!
How about all the FABULOUS designers who have created such AMAZING projects
for the #SGPCCBmatchup?? We have truly enjoyed seeing all the AWESOME creations!
Today is no different. Welcome Crew Member Candy Rosenberg as she shares her Travel Log Starter Journal.
Tattered Angels, 7 Gyspies, Paper Bags, Wanderlust papers and Stencil Girl stencil…oh my!
Howdy, I was very excited to be working with StencilGirl Products stencils to create something fun for our blog hop here at Canvas Corp Brands. I was a bit giddy when we were allowed to choose the stencils we wanted to work with and found this adorable Vintage Camper stencil, I knew right away how I wanted to use it. I was a little sad that I did not get to have every single one of their stencils, but I am going to work on that! Mixing it with all the Canvas Corp Brands goodies made this one special little 5″ x 7″ travel journal.
Baseboard Mist Paint: Grass
Kraft Paper Bags
Beacon Adhesives, Imaginarium Designs Chipboard
The Creative Journey begins
First, I gathered my glimmer mists and baseboard paint along with a brush. I used it just like watercolor with the stencil. I started to add the colors along the stencil with the brush adding the different colors to the stencil.
Just love how the finished colored canvas sheet came out!
Using Beacon Adhesives Fabri Tac on the cover, I adhered the “painted” sheet of Canvas to the Starter Journal then trimmed to the book size.
After adhering the cover, I chose some fun chipboard letters to spray with the color “Rolling Tide” Glimmer Mist.
Glimmer Mist is amazing on chipboard.
Add the chipboard pieces to the cover.
Inside the journal I added Canvas Corp Brands Kraft Paper Bags, on the right side, to put brochures and tickets in. This really makes the journal fun and functional.
Once all the paper bags are in place, I cut various Wanderlust papers to 5′”x 7″ and adhered to the left side of each page.
Then I used other pieces of paper that I had cut to size to create pockets to put all travel goodies in.
Additional page views
This was such an easy and fun journal to make and I cant wait to take it on my trip to Idaho next week!
What would a match up be without a fun prize!!!! Here is your chance to get your hands on a wonderful collection of products from StencilGirl Products and Canvas Corp Brands. Here is all you need to do….
- leave a comment here on any or all of the Match Up Posts during the month of April with StencilGirl Products and CCB. You can leave one on each post for more chances to win. Don’t forget to include #SGPCCBmatchup so we can find you!!!
- and/or leave a comment on the CCB Facebook page. Don’t forget to include #SGPCCBmatchup so we can find you!!!
- and/or leave a comment on any of the CCB Instagram posts where you see any of the projects from the CCB team or the SGP team. Don’t forget to include #SGPCCBmatchup so we can find you!!!
- You can follow along by searching #SGPCCBmatchup too. If you love what you see and would like to join our Facebook group the CCB Collective – ask to join today.
- You can find all StencilGirl Products in their shop – StencilGirl Products.com
check out their blog and follow them on Instagram
- We will be sharing projects the entire month of April – learn new techniques, see how new products are used and be inspired with great ideas from the SGP and CCB designers.