We hope you have been enjoying the StencilGirl Products and Canvas Corp Brands month long match-up. Our Crew Members have been having a BLAST using the two product lines to create fabulous projects and sharing them with you.
Today we have Crew Member, Karen Crossen sharing her creative piece of home decor. She called it ‘Up Up And Away’
I love seeing hot air balloons floating around in the morning. I just have to stop and watch them float by, no matter how near or far they are from me. I don’t think I really have the nerve to actually ride in one, but I LOVE to create them in my art projects. This one happened on its own after I created the blue background, which looked so much like the sky to me! Using the StencilGirl Products stencils in the background created a super cool texture over the blue!
Crew Member Karen Crossen shows us how to create her canvas
Gesso the Canvas Corp 6×6 Canvas and then paint different colors of blue paint with a credit card. After the blue paint dries, use a heavy white body paint along with a cosmetic sponge and StencilGirl Products stencils to create the texture in the ‘sky.’ Once the white paint is dry, use Tattered Angels Chalk Board Paint in Chalk to mist over the background to tone down the blue!
Using Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist ~ It’s Green Glimmer Mist, spray various Canvas Corp papers to create the ground for under the balloon. I used a piece of Canvas Corp ~ Canvas and StencilGirl Products ~ Travel Note stencil to create a piece of textured ground! When dry, cut the pieces to create rolling hills. Lastly, apply a layer of Multi Medium Matte to the back of all the misted items and adhere to the canvas.
Now that the background is complete, it is time to create the hot air balloon. Use the Canvas Corp Brand ~ Navy Ticking along with Orange Ticking ribbon to create the balloon. In addition, cut a small piece of burlap for the balloon basket. To create the ropes hanging off the side of the basket, use small strings from the ticking fabric.
Finally, print out a sentiment on tissue paper and glue down your pieces. In addition, doodle a little and you are done!
Follow Karen Crossen on the following Social Media platforms, her blog and Instagram.
Other Products used:
Multi Medium Matte
Various blue paints
Liquitex heavy body white paint
Scissors, Brush, credit card, cosmetic sponge
What would a match up be without a fun prize!!!! Here is your chance to get your hands on a wonderful collection of products from StencilGirl Products and Canvas Corp Brands. Here is all you need to do….
- leave a comment here on any or all of the Match Up Posts during the month of April with StencilGirl Products and CCB. You can leave one on each post for more chances to win. Don’t forget to include #SGPCCBmatchup so we can find you!!!
- and/or leave a comment on the CCB Facebook page. Don’t forget to include #SGPCCBmatchup so we can find you!!!
- and/or leave a comment on any of the CCB Instagram posts where you see any of the projects from the CCB team or the SGP team. Don’t forget to include #SGPCCBmatchup so we can find you!!!
- You can follow along by searching #SGPCCBmatchup too. If you love what you see and would like to join our Facebook group the CCB Collective – ask to join today.
- You can find all StencilGirl Products in their shop – StencilGirl Products.com
check out their blog and follow them on Instagram
- We will be sharing projects the entire month of April – learn new techniques, see how new products are used and be inspired with great ideas from the SGP and CCB designers.