Wings on Wednesday welcome Katie Lamb and her grungy layered project. With some plain basic products and two Tattered Angels paints, she has created this mixed media Winged Angel Heart.
I wanted to use the Glimmer Glaze and High Impact paint to create a grungy steampunk piece and a winged angel heart was the perfect project for that. – shares Katie.
Tattered Angels High Impact Paint – Antique Gold
Tattered Angels Glimmer Glaze – Night Blue
Canvas Corp Burlap Natural
Bronze Micro Beads, Glass Sand
MDF Heart, Stencil mask
Wings and Faces silicone Mould
Chipboard Clock from scrap pack
Paper Clay, White gesso, Modeling paste
Katie shares simple steps she followed to make her project:
- Paint mdf heart with white gesso and then apply a stencil mask around the edges using modeling paste and leave to set.
- Glue down a strip of burlap and paint over with rust paste. Next dry-brush with Gold High Impact paint and allow to set.
- Take a chipboard clock and paint with rust past.
- Dry-brush over the clock with night sky Glimmer Glaze and glue to the base.
- Take the clay angel wings and face and paint with Gold High Impact paint.
- Glue the wings and head to the centre of the clock and, once set, dry-brush with rust paste and Night Sky Glimmer Glaze.
- Apply adhesive to the project and sprinkle on glass sand and micro beads for additional texture.
Happy crafty Wednesday!