Today we have our last Crew Member Lynne Forsythe sharing her Stenciled Zipper Bag as part of the #SGPCCBmatchup. Don’t run away because the month long matchup goes until the end of April! Have you shared one of the posts and included the hashtag #SGPCCBmatchup? Who knows, you could be our next Matchup Winner??
Howdy Canvas Corp Brands and StencilGirl Products Fans!!! I am so excited to share my projects with you. As you know the theme of our matchup has been SURFACES and how our brands work SO WELL together. I received my DT package right before I was getting ready to venture out on a road trip. So, I grabbed the Canvas Corp ~ Canvas Zipper Bag, filled it with 7gypsies goodies and off we went. (I like documenting our road trips!!) When I returned home I couldn’t WAIT to Dress Up my bag for my next trip!
Stenciled Zippered tote in the Making
First thing I did, was to cut a piece of cardboard and put it inside the Zipper Bag. Next, I pulled out a few of my StencilGirl Products stencils: Brick Factory, Heart Grid stencil and Corrugated Lines Stencil Small. I went to my wall of color and chose four Tattered Angels Glimmer Glam: Camel, Tail Fin, Just Peachy and Roses R Red. The reason I chose to use Glimmer Glam is it’s easier to control and reacts the least to water when dry.
I set the Zipper bag aside to dry and pulled out a Canvas Corp ~ Canvas Shape Rectangle and the StencilGirl Products: Trivet a Stencil. Once again, I applied the Glimmer Glam with a stencil brush.
I pulled out a piece of Canvas Corp ~ Canvas Garland and gave it a good spritz with water. Then I applied Tail Fin ~ Glimmer Glam to the edges and let it bleed into the fabric. I repeated this process on my faux pocket using Just Peachy ~ Glimmer Glam and around the edges of my Zipper Bag using Camel ~ Glimmer Glam.
When everything was dry I put my Zippered Bag together.I tore a piece of Canvas Corp Ticking for an accent along with two vintage buttons. I decided a Ivory Burlap Flower with another vintage button would look PERFECT on the front of my bag.
a few close ups
I hope you have enjoyed my Stenciled Zipper Tote for the #SGPCCBmatchup. I know I had a fun time making it and will be sporting it on my next trip.
What would a match up be without a fun prize!!!! Here is your chance to get your hands on a wonderful collection of products from StencilGirl Products and Canvas Corp Brands. Here is all you need to do….
- leave a comment here on any or all of the Match Up Posts during the month of April with StencilGirl Products and CCB. You can leave one on each post for more chances to win. Don’t forget to include #SGPCCBmatchup so we can find you!!!
- and/or leave a comment on the CCB Facebook page. Don’t forget to include #SGPCCBmatchup so we can find you!!!
- and/or leave a comment on any of the CCB Instagram posts where you see any of the projects from the CCB team or the SGP team. Don’t forget to include #SGPCCBmatchup so we can find you!!!
- You can follow along by searching #SGPCCBmatchup too. If you love what you see and would like to join our Facebook group the CCB Collective – ask to join today.
- You can find all StencilGirl Products in their shop – StencilGirl Products.com
check out their blog and follow them on Instagram
- We will be sharing projects the entire month of April – learn new techniques, see how new products are used and be inspired with great ideas from the SGP and CCB designers.