Hello, Evelyn Walter here today with you. When I received my package from CCB with the new paper collection “Compose Your Life”, designed by Aga Baraniak, I wanted to use the products immediately. So I cut greyboard and papers to size and made a new Art Journal!
Main products used:
Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist – Boardwalk and Cross My Heart
Tattered Angels Chalkboard Mist – Monolith
Tattered Angels Baseboard Mist – Red Rocks
Compose your Life Collection 12 x 12 and 8 x 8
Canvas Corp paper – Red on Ivory
greyboard, heavy weight cardstock, watercolour paper
- I started by cutting greyboard and cardstock for the pages into size. Then I covered the greyboard with watercolor and added a light wash of color, using some mists.
- Next I applied modeling paste through a stencil. When dry, I gave some contrast with Glimmermist Boardwalk. I left it to dry and in this time I cut out a bunch of circles from the Compose your life collection.
- I arranged the circles to the cover and glued them down.
- Next I fuzzy cut some of the flowers and leaves from the same paper collection and glued them on top as the focal point. After this I added the saying.
- Now it was time for some shading and when I was done with it, I mixed Airbrush Medium with brown acrylic paint in a finline applicator. I put very fine lines around the blossoms to make them stand out even more. The mixture of airbrush medium and acrylic paint stays a bit raised, this is a very beautiful effect!
- Now I only did some white and brown splattering to bring everything together. The other side of the greyboard covers I coated with a matching in color paper from Canvas Corp Brands. And then it was time to bind my Art Journal. I used my Zutter Bind-It-All machine.
If you want to know how I put everything together, you can watch my process video below.
I had a great time while making my new journal and I hope you like it too!
Thank you for your visit today and have a good time!