We’re on a Halloween decorating spree right now, mainly because we are in love with our new stretched canvas triangles (and of course because Halloween will be here before we know it)! We designed the triangle canvas special for Halloween because there are so many different creative ways to use them, like this Candy Corn Wreath.
Today we’re sharing another project that is a perfect addition to a Halloween mantle, door or wall. We’ve added a project sheet below for download, and the widget at the bottom of the post lets you purchase any of the materials with just the click of a mouse.
“If the Hat Fits” Halloween Wall Decor
Download the Project Sheet
- Stretched Canvas Triangle-Black
- Black Burlap
- Black Binding Rings
- Canvas Flower- Orange
- Wicked Gypsy Charms
- Halloween Pin Dot on White
- Halloween Stripe on White
- Haunt It Sampler on White
- Hemp Rope Black
- Mini Round Hander
- Optical Lens- Antique Silver
- Orange Burlap Fringe
Tools: glue (we used Beacon’s 3-in-1), stapler or staple gun, pins
1. Create the brim of the hat by cutting a 6” x 18” strip of burlap.Ruffle the burlap, pinning along the way. Using a stapler/staple gun, staple to the back of the canvas. Remove the pins.
2. Cut a strip from Halloween Stripe on White that’s approx. 1” in height. Trim to fit the width of the triangle. Cut a 2.5”x2.5” square from Halloween Pin Dot on White and make two slits in the middle. Thread the striped paper through and glue into place.
3. Cut a piece of rope for hanging accessories. Staple the ends of the rope to the back of the canvas. Dangle metal accessories, charms and pieces of burlap as desired.
4. Cut artwork from the Halloween Sampler and glue to optical lens. Attach to canvas flower and glue flower to canvas.
How cute and simple is that!
You can find more inspiring projects in our Halloween Lookbook. Just click the image below!